Best 4x4 cars | Dune bashing | Off road driving | Off road drives | Off road gears and recovery tools | Radio frequencies |

Srikumar

Newbie/Fewbie Morning Drive through Al Qudra - 13 Dec 2019

Qudra Area is famous for its white sand and will offer a good mix of playable dunes, technical dunes to test your car control. Plan is to drive till about 12:00 PM in some nice medium range dunes.

Level Newbie and above

When: 13 December 2019

Meeting time: 6:15 AM, convoy will move at sharp 6:30 AM

Where: Al Qudra Parking

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/Ru8v4AiVBHVVeaBU9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 12:00 PM

What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM

Please RSVP the below calendar event

• Like 5

Hi Srikumar,

I don’t know it is due that I am in the US now, but the calendar Is saying that the drive starts at 08:15 pm on the 12th.

But the drive is on the 13th starting at 06:15, correct?

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Xaf said:

Hi Srikumar,

I don’t know it is due that I am in the US now, but the calendar Is saying that the drive starts at 08:15 pm on the 12th.

I think that's because of the time zone. Drive is on 13th Dec at 6:15 am

• Like 4
  • Totally Agree 1

On 12/10/2019 at 10:38 AM, Xaf said:

Hi Srikumar,

now i know whom to approach if i need to order car parts from the states 😎

Edited by Shamil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Shamil said:

With overnight delivery right......? 😝

• Haha 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I’ve just finished Christmas shopping and trip preparation, nonstop since the morning. If I’m not there in time that means Mr. Sandman dictated I stay in and therefore see you all next year! (Unless you organize an afternoon or evening drive before Thursday 😁)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Shamil said:

Don't mind to take something with me for you, only the delivery is sometimes unreliable. I only stay 2 days in the USA for work, and when we are going to order something, we have to be sure it will be delivered in this timeframe. 

Ordering too early, the risk exist that my schedule changes and nobody can pick it up.

4 hours ago, Jamy B. said:

I’ve just finished Christmas shopping and trip preparation, nonstop since the morning. If I’m not there in time that means Mr. Sandman dictated I stay in and therefore see you all next year! (Unless you organize an afternoon or evening drive before Thursday 😁)

Ask Santa for a nice 4x4 :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Xaf said:

Don't mind to take something with me for you, only the delivery is sometimes unreliable. I only stay 2 days in the USA for work, and when we are going to order something, we have to be sure it will be delivered in this timeframe. 

Ordering too early, the risk exist that my schedule changes and nobody can pick it up.

Ask Santa for a nice 4x4 :)

I’m afraid I haven’t been good this year (my last name is, literally, Baadi)!! If I do ask him for that, he might bring me a Picanto, or whatever the equivalent of coal in cars is 😁

• Haha 9

My oh my. Another early start 100% worthwhile. Srikumar led us through beautiful dunes: looking every inch like the desert vision we had in our minds in Europe growing up. 

Freddie. Thanks for laying down tracks to follow , Rahimded for sweeping us up and a fantastic gang of wonderful people for what turned out to be simply the funniest and most technical drive yet. Shamil, TJ Xaf, Adam, Bony, Adil, thanks for everything (sorry if I missed someone). 

We even had a few moments if real learning on how to recover. Important to feel how that feels for next time.

My over enthusiasm meant you very kindly had to dig me out ... followed by a transforming piece of advice which this newbie is not going to forget. Riding the dunes has a whole other meaning now.

No doubt it gets more and more challenging from here. These small technical dunes felt like a training ground for the promise of what's to come ... and boy, are we looking forward to that. 

Anyone reading this with doubts about whether it's really worth getting up before the crack of dawn to join these drives, push those doubts from your mind. Take a nap in the afternoon. 

There's not a lot of better ways to enjoy your Friday morning with some great company, incredible natural beauty ... let's not forget the gazelles either ... and safe learning of how to truly enjoy this majestic landscape. 

Thank you once again. 

Edited by Wrangeld
  • Like 6
  • Totally Agree 1
  • Well Done 1

@Wrangeld Thanks for the nice write-up. Your posts should become our advertisement post for Carnity. You describe the exact feeling i also get when waking up early in the morning and driving to the meetup point. Always looking forward to the next adventure and people to meet. 

@Srikumar has again treated us with fantastic dunes and when I look at how everyone managed this terrain so well I am fully sure that the guidance, briefings, confidence , and mentorship skills that he applies on every drive is the main reason for this. 

@Shamil and @Rahimdad did great sweep duties. Thanks for having our backs every time.

This will be my last drive for 2019 so I’m currently dusting out and cleaning the little blue one and giving her a bit of rest. I’ll be back in 2020 and I wish all my Carnity friends a warm Christmas and blessed New Year !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

For replying to this topic, please

Subscribe and then join Offroad Club.

• Similar Content

• By Gaurav
      A big Shout-Out to all our offroad club members from across the globe 🌍
      Congratulations on reaching a new milestone of having over 30+ Nationalities Offroaders in Carnity Offroad Club. One of the very few offroad clubs in UAE that welcomes and appreciate multicultural members.
      At Carnity Offroad Club, we drive united as a truly multicultural family, bringing with us our thoughts, experiences and share interesting knowledge with our ever-expanding Carnity family. We pride ourselves at speaking different languages, having different views on our car knowledge and Off roading, but drive in Unity as it is the - way of life in true Dubai, UAE style. 
      So come and join our Carnity Offroad Club and add your own special flavour to enhance UAE’s ever-popular Offroad experience.
      Below is the list of the various nationalities. In some nationalities even though there might be more within our group, we have mentioned only max 3 people. If we have missed out any nationality, please let us know and we shall update this list.
      39 and counting - as of 5th August 2020
      Argentina - Martin Bangladesh - Jalil bhai Belgium - Frederic Brazil - Jorge Stepniak Felippe Canada - Adam Marston Denmark - Soren, Frederik Bisbjerg Egypt - O.Farahat, Amir.Rophail Finland - Matti Brockman, Tero Vallas France - Emmanuel, Julien V, Maxiben Germany - Ace1988 India - Srikumar, Asif Hussain, Gaurav,  Indonesia - Zed, IMAMP Iran - Hossein, Yousef Alimadadi Ireland - Barry Italy - Magellan, Ale Valecchi, Lorenzo Candelpergher Jordan - BIG T, G.Huz Lebanon - Edouard Malaysia - E.C Tan Mauritius - AnishS, Veedooshee  Mexico - Javier M  Morocco - Jamy B Netherlands - Panda82, Xaf, Jeepie, Mels Wolf,  Pakistan - Rahimdad, Bilal Ahmad Palestine - Mohamed Seidam The Philippines - Jun Zamora, Rinelle Sanaani Poland - Szymon Stankiewicz Russia - Mikhail Lukichev Scotland - Foxtrot Oscar Serbia: Marko Todorovic, Predrag Acimovic Spain - Vsmano, Nacho, Jose Martin, Sri Lanka - Rizwanm2 South Africa - Gawie Herholdt, Colin,  Sweden - Per A, M.K Switzerland - dberclaz Syria - Noor, Basil Turkey - Sertac, Halit Mert Issever, Denizzalbayrak Ukraine - YevgeniyDYM United Kingdom - Richard Melish, LewisCocks90, Wrangled United States of America - Jeffrey Osito Pilgreen    

• By Frederic
      Join us in exploring the Al Qudra Desert to see what's beyond the lakes, and learn the art of offroading at the same time ! This area is a very versatile playground for Absolute Newbies on their first offroad adventure.
      If you have already driven in sand before, then you can learn more from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to test your off-road control.
      Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks.
      You can bring your family, friends and kids, but if you are absolute new to sand offroading we advise you to drive alone first to learn off-roading without any distractions.

What you'll learn:
      Introduction to off-roading Desert driving basics and etiquette Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice First time with Carnity Off-road Club:
      Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year. Do you have any prior off-road experience? Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets. Why should i join?
      We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques. If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control. Can my vehicle do this ?
      This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further. Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any modified vehicle. Can i bring passengers ?
      Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.  
      Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details
      Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity off-road club
      When:  01 Aug, 2020 Saturday.
      Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)
      Meeting Point: Al Qudra - https://goo.gl/maps/ZgS2Gqam9PcsxWR48
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
      What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM
      End Point: Qudra Parking 
      LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
      Limited to 15 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM. 1 Lead Marshal + 2 Senior Members + 12 Members. If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS. Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS. Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.

TO RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• By Srikumar
      Drive Details
      When:  Jul 24, 2020 Friday.
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
      What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
    • By Srikumar
      Join us in exploring the Al Qudra Desert to see what's beyond the lakes, and learn the art of offroading at the same time ! This area is a very versatile playground for Absolute Newbies on their first offroad adventure.
      If you have already driven in sand before, then you can learn more from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to test your off-road control.
      Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks.
      You can bring your family, friends and kids, but if you are absolute new to sand offroading we advise you to drive alone first to learn off-roading without any distractions.

What you'll learn:
      Introduction to off-roading Desert driving basics and etiquette Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice First time with Carnity Off-road Club:
      Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year. Do you have any prior off-road experience? Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets. Why should i join?
      We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques. If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control. Can my vehicle do this ?
      This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further. Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any modified vehicle. Can i bring passengers ?
      Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.  
      Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details
      When:  Jul 24, 2020 Friday.
      LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
      Limited to 15 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM. 1 Lead Marshal + 2 Senior Members + 12 Members. If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS. Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS. Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.

TO RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Important Information

Terms of use