•  
Advertise here

Need advise- Condenser fan connection- Should it be direct of radiator fan

Hi Guys , I have bought a extra fan for condenser today to avoid heating/faster cooling. 2 weeks back I had transmission heating . Though it is solved by changing all fluids like a major service, I want to have additional fan as few of our friends have installed it to overcome heating issue. Also the refrigeration guys recommend this for better cooling as well.

Now want to know whether should it be direct - I mean should I attached it to battery so can it can run all the time( may be we can add on/off switch to switch it off once use on road) OR should it be attached to radiator fan so whenever engine is heating the fan will will start in this case it will work when radiator fan works.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Better to install it with a On/off switch. Will extend the life of the electric fan and will also reduce the noise while driving on the road.

So you suggest to make it direct rather than connecting to radiator fan which works only when temp is high. RIght?

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, RohanH said:

So you suggest to make it direct rather than connecting to radiator fan which works only when temp is high. RIght?

Yes, I feel make it direct and turn it on only when offroading. The radiator fan is a clutch fan whose speed is controlled by the engine temperature, whereas what you are referring is for the AT cooler. Two different things.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Not two, four very different things.

1. AC Condenser fan - (front of condenser)
  2. Radiator fan (clutch fan) - behind of radiator
  3. A/T cooler fan - Non existing in Pajero
  4. Engine oil cooler fan - Non existing in Pajero
  • Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

33 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Yes, I feel make it direct and turn it on only when offroading. The radiator fan is a clutch fan whose speed is controlled by the engine temperature, whereas what you are referring is for the AT cooler. Two different things.

29 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Not two, four very different things.

1. AC Condenser fan - (front of condenser)
  2. Radiator fan (clutch fan) - behind of radiator
  3. A/T cooler fan - Non existing in Pajero
  4. Engine oil cooler fan - Non existing in Pajero

Sorry @Gaurav & @Srikumar I am less aware of technical terms.

I am referring to adding extra fan for condenser - The Fan which we put extra just in between condenser which is top left side and the front grill.

When I say the radiator fan- the fan which starts when temperature rises. 

So if all thing are different then adding extra fan will help in any ways may be ?

Edited by RohanH
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RohanH said:

Hi Guys , I have bought a extra fan for condenser today to avoid heating/faster cooling. 2 weeks back I had transmission heating . Though it is solved by changing all fluids like a major service, I want to have additional fan as few of our friends have installed it to overcome heating issue. Also the refrigeration guys recommend this for better cooling as well.

Now want to know whether should it be direct - I mean should I attached it to battery so can it can run all the time( may be we can add on/off switch to switch it off once use on road) OR should it be attached to radiator fan so whenever engine is heating the fan will will start in this case it will work when radiator fan works.

Hi @RohanH am also thinking to do the same due to temperature increase while offloading, pls let me know from where you brought the fan and how much cost. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shiju Manuel said:

Hi @RohanH am also thinking to do the same due to temperature increase while offloading, pls let me know from where you brought the fan and how much cost. 

I bought it from Arctic auto spare part al quoz.  Photo attached.Its 180. The same fan I checked in authorised company Ampex engeneering. Its 270 + tax.

There is some other fan in market.  Named Pokko. Costs 50 aed. But I got to know Spal is better.  

Even you can try if you get something better in used market. 

I need to see if this fits in the space or else need to change the size. Garahes are asking 150 aed here.sharjah garage offer less price for fixing. 

This is the one I bought. This comes in bulk so it I did not get the box. Seems these store import it directly from outside.

20200725_221555.jpg

• Like (+1) 1