COVID19 Compliant - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 4 Sep 2020

Wrangeld

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

With regards to the Pajeros on Fewbie level drives, i agree tip-tronic seems to work better as the automatic gearbox of the Pajero is a bit slow in reacting, which results in the driver pushing the pedal harder, which then results in the transmission downshifting. So basically a continous loop of the driver trying to tell the transmission what to do. For that reason on Fewbie level drives the tip-tronic on the Pajeros works better and results in less up and down shifting, hence less heat will be generated. 

I takes a bit of practice, and when you are not doing sideys or climbs you can still put it back into D mode. 

See what works for you, and an extra fan can be of help too of course.

@Frederic i do exactly as you mentioned, use tip-tronic 2nd gear mostly on sideys and short climbs and 1st gear for steep climb. And other than that i use D in normal flat surfaces. And when use tip-tronic it never upshifted automatically and we can down shift to lower gear if we need more power. It may take little practice to play around with gears. And  after i installed the extra fan i have never encounter the problem of over heating. I have an ON/OFF button on dash board and i use it mostly only on desert, and some times on day time when the car in under the sun for long time. ( so that i can cool down the AC bit faster). Adding a Fan is a good option and not much expensive too.  

• Totally Agree (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use