COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Al Bataeh Technical Challenge - Sharjah - 4 Jun 2021

Thank you @Lorenzo Candelpergher for organizing this drive at this time so that we could catch the a very stunning sun rise. If anybody hasn't seen the sunrise or sunset from the desert he ain't seen anything beautiful in his life. 

IMG_0381.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 2

Looks tiny from far but believe me he is packed with power. Can gallop into the horizon without batting an eye lid. @Lorenzo Candelpergher's mighty steed. 

IMG_0385.jpg

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 3

This landscape reminds us of El Dorado where we can just go and scoop up loads of gold dust. 

IMG_0388.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

Indeed it was super exiting eventfull drive today morning. Thank you @Lorenzo Candelpergher for the opportunity to streach our offroad arms, legs, mind and machines. Hope to see u all on another exiting drive soon.

Cheers 👍

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

even though occasionally a bit too close

Did I not hear that before? I was trying to keep enough distance to not break the momentum but yet not too far away that I loose track of the lead, and the terrain did not help. I try to anticipate the moves made by the lead and try to keep up but those technical dunes made it a bit difficult to judge sometimes.

The terrain was a deceiving one as mentioned by @Lorenzo Candelpergher in the beginning of the drive and was made abundantly clear by my many refusals. The sand would look compact only to be discovered that is it smoother than baby powered, and I would find myself having a situation that I would eventually get out anyways.

I enjoyed the drive every bit as much as all of us did. Normally the intermediate drives are fast, and one might not find any time to take any photographs, but not this one. A few I took are in the gallery.

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

8 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

@varunmehndiratta was tailing Marjan with great precision. He looked comfortable at all times during the drive and I belive he was the only one today who didn't get stuck. 

Thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergher as i said it's the maneuverability of Jeep on tech terrain  and ease of following @Jeepie that made it easy for me ... and ofcourse 6 months of guidance by seniors at @Carnity

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use