•  
Advertise here

Pajero Bumper Trimming Design Ideas

Hi all,

Thinking of trimming the bumpers based on multiple recommendations. Couldn’t find a topic that tackled this.

Can anyone share any good design pictures of their trimmed Pajeros?

I am trying to avoid the typical straight line cut.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Mike Merdinian
  • Like (+1) 3

Hi @Mike Merdinian

The front bumper of the Pajeros has undergone some facelifts over the years, from what i can see your model is the 2020 version which would look like this:

image.png.1b6ab63a958b3efd5f2df864f87c2cc4.png

Most Pajero owners would usually trim everything below the red line to create a bit more clearance, but as a result the bumper becomes a bit more flimsy and will crack more easily. Adding a front bash plate will give a bit extra protection against that.

If you would eventually decide to lift the vehicle, that perhaps you could keep the bumper as it is. 

The typical straight line cut is indeed what most owners would do i am afraid. Its easy and if the guy who trims it can just stay along the existing line without messing it up :) 

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks Frederic for taking the time. Indeed I have a 2020. I also installed the front and back skid plates. I blame @Brettefor that because he got me hooked into this sport after the absolute newbie drive, but I digress.

The car is still under a 3-year warranty and I’m afraid lifting is not an option for now, hence the trimming option.

I saw one design on the Carnity forum (attached second image) and I thought maybe some guys here went through some thought process for the trimming and I can repeat what they did, other than the brute force straight line :). I am aware the model is an older model with a different bumper style but maybe someone has an idea or an experience they can share and I can copy that :)

Thanks for the initial feedback though!

5D55C88B-EAAE-4ACB-9E44-B6E3BC810F24.jpeg

A395FE6C-B560-48D1-B46D-A3FC3DCFABF8.png

• Like (+1) 7

Frederic's advice is 100% spot on mate. I put a lift kit in mine and left the bottom of the bumper as stock. Had no problems until I did lol... I nosed her into a pocket pretty hard and the tyre bit the inside of the bumper extensions, grabbed the inner fender liner (plastic) and ripped it out by it's roots! I ended up having it trimmed to those cute red lines anyway. Your experience may differ ha ha.

• Like (+1) 6

@Mike Merdinian if you don't want to cut your original bumper, get a second hand one from Sajja, cut and fix it and whenever you need to put the original back, you have it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1