Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - The Sunsetters Route - Badayer - Sharjah - 27 Jul 2023

Ale Vallecchi

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: 

Action Plan: Planning an enjoyable midweek drive, tracing the setting sun's route, from Bezhad Ranch (Area 53) to Badayer, and perhaps beyond that, climbing a few star dunes throughout the area, looking for the best spot for a scenic picture, or to enjoy the sun as it falls below the horizon. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 07:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 8 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - The Sunsetters Route - Badayer - Sharjah - 27 Jul 2023

Why Fewbie Plus? It was empty last week and this week will be same. There is more FB drivers than FB+ currently active. Why not to make it FB and increase the level during the drive if everyone will be ready for it. Almost every FB drive transforming to FB+ after 15 min anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 7/25/2023 at 1:41 PM, Pavel Pashkovskiy said:

Why Fewbie Plus? It was empty last week and this week will be same. There is more FB drivers than FB+ currently active. Why not to make it FB and increase the level during the drive if everyone will be ready for it. Almost every FB drive transforming to FB+ after 15 min anyway. 

Hi @Pavel Pashkovskiy. I guess you are right. I was just looking to execute a more advanced route, so I went for the higher level (and a smaller convoy). I have always had a good turnout at FB+ or IM during midweek drives as at that rank there seem to be more motivated drivers, but clearly (perhaps also due to the summertime) this time I was wrong. Too late to correct now

I will be sure to follow your advice next time and plan a route that may be escalated during the drive. Thanks again for your input.

• Like (+1) 1

Hello @Bashar Beasha. As you have seen from the drive's page, you are the only member to have signed up for this drive. In consideration of this, in conformity with Carnity's safety guidelines (min. 3 drivers) I will have to cancel the drive. I would not want to find ourselves in any tricky situation and not be able to rely on at least another driver's support.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you'll be able to rearrange your afternoon accordingly. 

Hope to see you soon again.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use