Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 4 Nov 2023

Davie Chase

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club Fewbie+ drive, meeting and ending at Fayah meeting point of the beautiful Abu Dhabi Desert, please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm with you.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/acreM77zLxB2MRu76

If you approach the gate it will open automatically.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 1 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 4 Nov 2023

Dear desert wanders, @Pascal and @Zulfikhar Naiyar as you guys may have noticed there are only two of you signed up for the drive, this is the minimum requirement for a carnity driver. Therefore, I wanted to reach out to both of you to gauge your intended participation. If either one of you drop out or is a no show on the morning of the drive we will not be able to move off and will have to cancel. I am more than happy to lead the drive with just the two of you, I just need to know that we will indeed have a convoy :) please reply to this thread at your earliest convenience so we can make plans :) for Saturday thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Davie Chase said:

Dear desert wanders, @Pascal and @Zulfikhar Naiyar as you guys may have noticed there are only two of you signed up for the drive, this is the minimum requirement for a carnity driver. Therefore, I wanted to reach out to both of you to gauge your intended participation. If either one of you drop out or is a no show on the morning of the drive we will not be able to move off and will have to cancel. I am more than happy to lead the drive with just the two of you, I just need to know that we will indeed have a convoy :) please reply to this thread at your earliest convenience so we can make plans :) for Saturday thanks in advance.

Hi Davie, 

I am definitely planning to join on saturday morning. Looking forward 😀

• Like (+1) 1

Good Morning Desert Wanders @Ishak @Pascal and @Zulfikhar Naiyar really looking forward to the drive tomorrow in this beautiful part of the Abu Dhabi desert. We will sort the convoy order out in the morning and throw in a few twists and turns since we have a small convoy. We will be using Radio Ch4 - 446081.

Look forward to seeing you all bright and breezy tomorrow morning :)

• Like (+1) 3

Good afternoon intrepid  Desert Wanders @Ishak @Pascal and @Zulfikhar Naiyar thank you all for showing up on time this morning and joining me for todays Fb+ adventures in this beautiful part of the Abu Dhabi desert. 
you guys all drove fantastically well with only three stucks including my own ridge cresting (pics in the Gallery). We had a little bit of everything today, from super soft white sand to technicals and some mid to long range dunes. 
A big thank you to my three S/L’s @Ishak @Pascal and @Zulfikhar Naiyar you guys did a fantastic job each and everyone of you as I cycled you through the S/L position. Not forgetting my three Center forwards  @Ishak @Pascal and @Zulfikhar Naiyaras well as my three sweeps @Ishak @Pascal and @Zulfikhar Naiyar you all played a blinder in these roles lol :):):):) 

@Ishak for first time in the sweep role you did great job well done mate, now you need to sign up for DCT.

I hope you all enjoyed being cycled through the positions, it is something that we don’t do often but is great fun when convoy size allows.

We covered just over 66km in 2 hrs 45 minutes (moving time) in fact it was further than that as I forgot to hit record as we left the starting point, so nearly 70 Kim’s, fastest moving speed nearly 52 kph, That is amazing and testament to how well you guys drove.

Thanks again for a magic Saturday morning in the sand, have a great weekend and see you all again real soon in the dunes.

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hi @Davie Chase, thank you very much for leading the drive through the beautiful Fayah desert. I enjoyed a lot of the time, it was like in the Ace Combat game following the jet plane up and down. and the most important is the team work shown by @Zulfikhar Naiyar and @Pascal thanks for shoveling 😅😅👍🏼👍🏼

3 hours ago, Davie Chase said:

@Ishak for first time in the sweep role you did great job well done mate, now you need to sign up for DCT.

Yes @Davie Chase, waiting for the team leader approval @Rizwanm2 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you so much for the amazing drive @Davie Chase 

It was a fun filled fast paced roller coaster drive. 
After the initial difficult angle recovery it was pretty much smooth sailing. 
Though my AC failed, the weather was lovely. Had to drive back with windows down.🥹

The position shuffling was another great addition. 
Nice meeting you @Pascal good to catchup after a while @Ishak  

See you next time in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use