Advertise here

Humming Sound

Otoo

Hi 

I own a Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 2017 (Odometer approx. 70k). I need help with two issues:

1. a humming sound coming from the front of the vehicle as the vehicle is increasing speed, it stops when the vehicle is stationary (while the engine is still running). What could be the cause. I am in RAK and there arnt any decent mechanics here that I know of, so if anyone could suggest some good garage/mechanic please help me out.

2. clatter noise from rear door, both when closing the door and while driving uneven surfaces 

Kind Regards

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Otoo said:

Hi 

I own a Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 2017 (Odometer approx. 70k). I need help with two issues:

1. a humming sound coming from the front of the vehicle as the vehicle is increasing speed, it stops when the vehicle is stationary (while the engine is still running). What could be the cause. I am in RAK and there arnt any decent mechanics here that I know of, so if anyone could suggest some good garage/mechanic please help me out.

2. clatter noise from rear door, both when closing the door and while driving uneven surfaces 

Kind Regards

Hi @Otoo

I assume your noise on the front is coming while the vehicle is in 2WD ? If so there aren't that many components that would cause a humming sound in the front. These are the rotating parts:

1. tires and rims.

2.front axle (but is disengaged in 2WD).

3. wheel bearings.

If you are really in 2WD, and the lights on the dashboard acknowledge this (only rear wheels should light up), then my suspicion would go to the wheel bearing. Please do check the condition of your tires and tire pressure as well.

Also it might be worth to test the 4x4 functionality by moving the lever to Neutral in standstill, and shifting the 4x4 lever to 4H, and drive a little bit. Then move back to N, and move the lever back to 2H (this procedure is recommended to perform regularly so your 4x4 solenoids don't seize up). Perhaps the humming sound is an indication that it's not completely in 2 wheel drive...

Pertaining to the clatter noise from the rear door, this could be just a hinge that needs some adjustment. While i do agree RAK has less workshops, there should be at least a handful of shops in RAK that could diagnose this. Another option is to head over to Ajman or Sharjah that has all the shops you could ever wish for.

Good luck !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

6 hours ago, Otoo said:

Apply lithium grease or WD40 on the hinges and door lock closing latch. Grease will last longer up to 3-6 months, and WD40 will wear off in a month.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.