Advertise here

Y61 - Diff lock light + ABS flash

A couple of weeks ago while I was cruising, I've got my diff lock light just flickered in and stayed solid, followed by the ABS light flashing. 
After a few kms, the alarm went off as it's over 20 kmph.

The car was on 2WD. I've learned that the diff lock wouldn't engage while on 2WD on newer Y61s (mine is 2012).

I've got it inspected at a garage in Sharjah (I live in Sharjah) and the mechanic said that it's most probably the sensor at the rear diff. He temporarily disabled / dewired the switch, so no annoyance for now. But of course the lock wouldn't engage when I need it.

Anyone using Safaris ever experienced this? what was the issue if you did? The mechanic needs the car to be there for 2-3 days as he needs to remove and search for the sensor from scrap. He said it's difficult to find an OEM.

Thoughts?

d07dcfde-442e-42e8-b3b2-19a905e1f0de.jpg

I had the same issue plague my 2021 Y61 for the first year of usage. My ABS lights would randomly light up if I drove a little aggressively, and would disappear if I repeated the maneuver. I traced it through inspections to a faulty Wheel Speed Sensor. Have that sensor inspected. OEM wheel speed sensors for the TB48DE were not hard for me to source but this is over a year ago.

Edited by munkybizness