Advertise here

Trips planned?

Cool, will check! I drive with the Dubai Offroaders or with friends. Last weekend from Big Red to Fossil Rock, before also starting at Iftar Bowl. I'll be in, definitely some more Land Rovers required in all the groups :) I drive a 2006 Defender, which does the job amazingly well in the dunes! :)

Best,

Manuel

Fantastic Manuel, looking forward for some drives together, you are most welcomed to join our drives as well. Please keep us posted and let’s come up with something for all the Land Rover Lovers!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is an early drive trip for Fewbie level this coming Friday any one would like to attend please advise. Trip starts at 6 am at Badayer heading to Iftar Bowl then have some fun on untapped dunes and exit by 9 am. Any takers !!! VCO , Manuel what do you think . The people I join are experienced and fun company at all times !

Both option will work for me

which offroad club you guys drive with? I'm not a member of any clubs so looking for one

Since I bought the car I've been to desert 4 times from 9 in the morning to 4-6

1. around big red : not much fun, soo new, overheating problems and discovering my leaking radiator

2. from big red to Jebel Aqabah , started learning, got stuck now and then but easy to recover

3. from big red to Fossil rock : this was the best full day of joy , stuck only once while trying to take a picture on top of a dune :)

4. from Hatta(after big red ) to Al ain road : this was the worst , we managed to get stuck every possible stupid way

sand was kind of weird :) , we managed to got stuck 8 times, final score disco 4-Fortuner 4

I gave lower part of my bumer as a gift to desert (was planning to remove ot anyway) :P

So from experiencewise I'm quite new but I managed to get stuck quite alot and worked hard on recovery skills :mrgreen:

now I've painted my old looking roof and hood, at the same time done the camel cut

so car is ready for 275/70/16 Geolander AT/S

hopefully will install them in a week

Hi VCO,

I have joined few clubs but just been with Emarat4x4, yet I joined lately Dubai Offroaders and Almost 4x4. Due to work constraint the most active club for Early Morning Drives it seems Emarat 4x4. You enjoy an early moring drive with sun rise and fantastic breeze , you finish by max 10 am before being too hot, and still you have pleanty of time for family !!!