UAE Green Desert: Discover Spectacular Transformation After 75-Year Rainfall

Advertise here

My Land Rover is still overheating.

changing the thermostat is not likely to fix an overheating problem, the most likely causes are water pump failure, cooling fan failure, radiator blooked, head gasket failed.

when you run the engine is the fan on once the engine is warm? cooling fan failed

is there any oil in the water tank? head gasket failed

is there lots of rust and dirty water in the water tank / radiator? poss radiator blockage (can be checked better by checking incoming and outgoing hose temps

water pump failure need to check incoming and out going radiator pipes for temp.

Hi Jarktosh , as the Doctor said , otherwise take it to a herbalist :) I had the same problem with my Disco 1 1999 model which ended up with a clogged radiator . They managed to open it and totally cleaning it and returned it as brand new for 150AED never heated after . Even though the thermometer never showed higher or above limit reading yet had a pressure defuse from the coolant reservoir lid preside cap !!!

• 1 month later...

Could be the water pump or a pinched hose at bottom of radiator. I bought a new thermostat and a new water pump for my Defender 110 in anticipation of my needing to replace these items as my 1985 Defender was running hot all the time. Wish I had trouble shot the problem before buying these items. My Defender has an after market air con system in it and it turns out that it was the condensor which was located in front of the radiator that was causing the overheating as the factory 1985 radiator was not able to handle the heat generated by the condensor. Even with air con off the radiator ran warm due to restricted airflow caused by condensor. After I relocated the condensor to underneath the Defender and had the radiator re-cored all is well again. If you need a new water pump I have one for UK cost price.

1985 Defender crewcab