Advertise here

1st Land Rover Range Rover only mountain drive and camp

Doc will be leading a Land Rover only off road mountain drive and camp Starting Dec 23 and back soon after lunch on the 24th, it will be a fun and sometimes challenging 5-6 hours of wadi driving on day 1 and a couple of hours on day 2, so who’s in? The drive is possible in a standard LR3 as tested a couple of weeks ago. Oman Insurance will be required (can be purchased on the dayfor @150dhs) ID or passport also required as drive will be just inside Oman (no Visas required).

When: Starting 23rd of December 12:30 Mirdiff, back on 24th after lunch

What to bring: Bring camping gear, warm cloth for the night, food and enough water for the morning, fire wood.

Your car should be in a good condition and equipped with the usual recovery gear.

Please spread the word, it's going to be a great drive! Share it on Facebook with other Land Rover or Range Rover drivers.

One Life - Live It!

Defender 90 TD5

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, can i join for day drive only?

Of course with family and kids (2 yrs and 4 yrs).

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@ Gaurav,

yes it should be no problem, we will have to cross a road to get to the camp site and from here you can get home, i expect to get to the road somewhere between 4 and 6pm, so you could be back in Dubai anywhere between 6 and 8pm.

i think we are now upto around 5 cars :-)

Thanks walther n doc, I'm more than likely in for the first lr drive. It's a great initiative by you guys to get to know lr owners in town.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I am not sure, but I think at the Dibba boarder post there should be an insurance company. The safest way is to arrange it from your insurance agent for a couple of days today. Saying that, it might make sense to change the insurance in general. Quite often the Oman insurance goes together with an offroad insurance that could be helpful in case of any incident happening.

One Life - Live It!

Defender 90 TD5

if you use AXA then you can get both off road and oman insurance but if your tight like me and just use the company at the test center and have 3rd party only then you have to buy it seperate, i'm not 100% sure of price (as i quite oftern use an off road route round the check point but this does mean if i have an accident i am 100% liable for the cost of both cars if my fault) so better to buy it at the petrol station we will stop at to fill up before crossing the other boarder