Advertise here

Alloy wheels self-maintenance

I have a very basic but important question. I have not been a porsche owner for long, but for my previous porsche i noticed that my wheels wore out sooner than I would have liked them to. This time when I have bought my new car I am trying to take extra care of the tires so that I dont have to face the troubles again. What is specifically done to take care of the alloy wheels on porsches ? Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...

Well the typical issue with any low profile tires is that wheel get ding dang so fast and so much that driver dont even feel that they are getting damaged. If your concern is general clean up then turtle and formula 1 make excellent wheel cleaner that you can use on weekly basis and keep them clean and shinning.

• 1 month later...

There are lot of accessories available specially for Porsche. You can buy wheel cleaning kit as well as Car Care kit which are easily available on car accessories showroom. I know one particular showroom in Times Square mall. Its called Yellow hat. You can get cleaning kit for Porsche that will help in maintaining a long life of the alloy wheels. Also, make sure that when you are driving your car on a construction road or sand area, your wheels are properly balanced and your speed is under control.

:)