Jump to content

Ale Vallecchi

Members
  • Posts

    2,545
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    90
  • Country

    United Arab Emirates
  • Carnity Points

    7,208 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by Ale Vallecchi

  1. Hello everybody. Good to have you all yesterday afternoon in Al Qudra. Very nice group, good driving (stucks always happen, and this time were very few), one epic recovery (which has given all something new to learn), a great day before this rainy saturday. See you soon on the sand.
  2. There may be hope for your daughter. Check the paragraph below taken from DXB Airport's site: Issuance of Visas Effective March 17, UAE authorities have temporarily suspended the issuance of all entry visas. This does not apply to those passengers holding diplomatic passports or those who have had visas issued prior to March 17. It also does not apply to passengers who hold passports from the following countries. These passengers can continue to travel to and from the UAE although may be subject to additional screening. Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy (from Rome only), Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Vatican, United Kingdom and The United States of America.
  3. Hi Xaf. Good to hear of today's safe recovery. I still think the decision Alexander took was the wisest one. It was dark, and any tricky patch we encountered could have ended up causing much more serious damage. Even when exploring with Gaurav we took a couple of wrong turns, and ran into bushy areas. Good calls were made: 1) attempting to tow the car out as far as we could; 2) quitting while we were still ahead. Also, it would have been too easy, especially for your powerful machine, to do the recovery in daytime. 🤪 After all, we are starting to enjoy these extra hour or two of night time driving.
  4. Just returned home after a long and intense weekend of driving. I take this opportunity to thank Gaurav for both his drives (yesterday Fewebie and today's Newbie). Both great fun, and useful, to always learn something new, face new challenges, and become more confident (yet safe) drivers. Today's was another drive that gave us a bit of night time driving preview, but was well worth it. Enjoy this week's rest, as next weekend we should all be back at it.
  5. Thank you to all the Marshals, second leads, sweeps and anchors. Very successful drive, which I am sure the whole huge group enjoyed. Very well done to all the drivers, new and not so new. This is becoming a ritual to look forward to every week. So... see you next week.
  6. Hi Gaurav. Are here too Manu cars already coming, or can I still join? I thought I had an engagement, but can wiggle my way out of it 😅
  7. Hi guys. Has everybody exited safe and sound? Sorry for not saying bye to the whole group. It was a fun drive (at least for me 🤓), and full of learning, for sure. Great surroundings as well. Thanks Gaurav for the lead, thanks Rahim for guiding us out from "the other side", and for watching over the group from high above. To all the drivers and passengers, have a great coming week. PS. Looking forward to Richard's reporting on the drive (after recovering from the very long day).
  8. Hi Rahim. Can I join in? Getting better from the operation, but don't feel like driving to Liwa. Will be happy to be of support. Thanks
  9. Hi Richard. Unfortunately i'll have to skip tomorrow's drive. All good, but better for me not to bump around too much. I'll do my best to drive next week. Thanks a lot for the invitation. Enjoy the day. Say hi to the group.
  10. Thanks Richard. Very kind of you. If you don't mind I will confirm on Thursday, after I see how I feel after the procedure. Should be fine (or so they told me 😅).
  11. Hi @Emmanuel understood. Thanks for letting me know. I hope someonelese can take me onboard.
  12. Hi Emmanuel. I will undergo a minor procedure this Tuesday, so I doubt I can drive. But I would love to join as a passenger. Can I ride shotgun with one of you guys? Thanks.
  13. Wow!! Thanks a lot for the trust. Very much appreciated, coming from this very fun and competent group of people. Sorry for getting back so late on the forum, but I am travelling abroad, and just saw the good news now. Will be back on Friday 14th (but too late for a drive). Perhaps can join a Saturday afternoon outing 😉. Thanks a lot to Carnity.
  14. The Sun and its games of lights and shadows, before yesterday's Newbie trip at Solar Park. Thanks to all Marshals, and fellow desert-goers. See you all at the next drive
  15. Hi Gaurav. Question: I need to be in Sweihan tomorrow, by 1:30. I cannot do the Fewbie drive 'cause Badayer is too far. But I would love to be of support to the Newbie drive (just to enjoy the desert in Qudra). If I joined, would I be able to leave max at 12:00pm (inflated)? Thanks for letting me know.
  16. Rain hardened sand, tricky creamy dunes, roaming oryxes, tens of gazelles (too fast to photograph): nice ingredients of this nicely paced, educational, fun filled drive. Thank you all for the leading, challenging, accompanying, wondering. See you soon out there.
  17. Hi everybody. Great driving with all of you this afternoon. Challanging drive (for me). I shoock my guests up quite a bit 😅 Thanks to all for the leading, the tutoring, the company and the fun. See you all soon Ale
  18. Wow!! Thanks to all. I am travelling in Asia (in Malaysia now), so just saw the news now. Great!! 🙏 Looking forward to a new drive when I get back. See you soon.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use