Advertise here

Changing from HT road tires to AT

3 minutes ago, Nivin said:

@Gaurav 2019 is G012 and 2020 is G015

Also any difference between Japan & Thailand makes?

Oops, I missed on that point.

Now G012 and G015 - I personally have no comments, unless I use G015 too.

But going by the Yokohama credibility and super happy with G012, I will definitely give G015 a try.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

17 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Oops, I missed on that point.

Now G012 and G015 - I personally have no comments, unless I use G015 too.

But going by the Yokohama credibility and super happy with G012, I will definitely give G015 a try.

@Vanessa8580 has G015 on her Pajero since 6 months. So far pretty happy. It’s hard to compare because my G012 are 16 inch and her G015 are 18inch, but the G015 looks a little bit more sturdy/less flexible.

https://monotukuru.com/yokohama-geolandar-a-t-g015-vs-geolandar-a-t-s-g012/

@Wrangeld description on Page2 gives same info.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Geolandar G012 is really discontinued I have been looking for this model for long time as well and I know other off-roaders looking for the same tire in dubai, sharjah, al ain and abu dhabi which is bad because whoever has these tires won't find a replacement in case of any incident. however, I do feel that the supplier just stopped importing this model for a better profit percentage with the G015 model. as G012 was the most successful model. 

The pattern design is different between G012 and G015 however my friends they have been looking even for the G015 and its not available in all sizes now they are saying that the supplier informed them that delivery for more stock will not be before September which again gives me the feeling not to buy Geolandar anymore as you can relay on a company that has now stock most of the year.

Don't take me wrong I love these tires but I am stuck now with Geolandar in case of any incident might happen and they don't have stock I don't have any other option other than buying another 5 tires from a different brand or use different patterns for the damaged tire which is bad and i don't recommend.

I heard a lot of good reviews about the 
Cooper tires a little bit more pricy but i hope they will be more reliable. please share the other brands prices in case if in need to change my tires.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Michael sammy said:

Geolandar G012 is really discontinued I have been looking for this model for long time as well and I know other off-roaders looking for the same tire in dubai, sharjah, al ain and abu dhabi which is bad because whoever has these tires won't find a replacement in case of any incident. however, I do feel that the supplier just stopped importing this model for a better profit percentage with the G015 model. as G012 was the most successful model. 

The pattern design is different between G012 and G015 however my friends they have been looking even for the G015 and its not available in all sizes now they are saying that the supplier informed them that delivery for more stock will not be before September which again gives me the feeling not to buy Geolandar anymore as you can relay on a company that has now stock most of the year.

Don't take me wrong I love these tires but I am stuck now with Geolandar in case of any incident might happen and they don't have stock I don't have any other option other than buying another 5 tires from a different brand or use different patterns for the damaged tire which is bad and i don't recommend.

I heard a lot of good reviews about the 
Cooper tires a little bit more pricy but i hope they will be more reliable. please share the other brands prices in case if in need to change my tires.

@Michael sammy if you are looking into Coppers I was offered the 260/70 R17 115T model A/T3 Sport Owl at Aed500 each at Sand Dance in Al Quoz 4.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 7/19/2020 at 9:37 PM, Rinelle Sanaani said:

Any update sir @J J

Had to replace the tyre ! The debris on the road did this unfortunately :( 

On 7/19/2020 at 9:46 PM, siddharth maheshwari said:

Hey @J J thank God you are fine . How many kms done on these tyres?

10k Km 

21 hours ago, Gaurav said:

@J J sad and truly shocked to see such incident. Glad you and Jeep are fine. Keep us updated.

@Nivin If you drive a lot then 2019, if not then 2020 will be fetch additional 1 year of RTA passing.

Yeah had to change ! oh well :( 

• Sad (0) 3

On 7/21/2020 at 3:51 PM, J J said:

Had to replace the tyre ! The debris on the road did this unfortunately :( 

10k Km 

Yeah had to change ! oh well :( 

@J J

I did a calculation what your recommended cold air tire pressure is, for your tires and car the 35 PSI is the correct pressure. All LT tires should be driven with minimum 35 PSI on the road. Lower than that causes wear and tear on the tire.

What I am trying to explain, might not be the reason why you had your puncture, but this is just as information for the future.

When we inflate with a compressor after the drive, 2 variables are different compared with the recommended cold tire pressure.

1, the air from the compressor is hot, has a lower density, will shrink in volume when it cools down.
2, your tires are warm from the drive, they will cool down as soon you start driving on the road, due to airflow and less resistance.

So what happens when you inflate after the drive to 35 PSI, your tires will automatically go to a lower PSI than 35 and this causes extra wear and tear.

Due to your LT tires, you can go easily up to a higher pressure without any risks. I would recommend you to go to 38 PSI and check it the morning after with a pressure gauge how much it went down.

This is just to extend the lifetime of your tires.

To all other people, this recommendation is only for LT rated tires. Not for P or Metric.

Edited by Xaf
Corrected “higher” density to “lower”
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1