Advertise here

ATM pan damage

Atif

During the recent major service at Toyota, my Prado was diagnosed with ATM pan damage. The service agent said that there isn't a leak and it is a small dent but advise me to have it taken care off.
As the agency repair means high labor cost and will not repair but replace the pan, does anyone advise me to get the pan repaired through a dent repair mechanic? Personally speaking it doesn't seem a big dent and I feel like leaving it as it is but don’t know the internal structure of the pan i.e.if  any internal part exists that may have got damaged too and lead to future issues.

Note: The agent placed a doubt in my mind about having the dent repaired as he said there is a magnetic material at the base of the pan so they only replace the pan.

D0F6C0CF-469D-4B75-8809-FBC4A742B7F6.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

If its leaking better get it change soon, if not its completely depending on the bump size. Many car ATF sump has edge bumped, its normal. If its too big bump then its critical to change as it will reduce the ATF required quantity.

Magnetic strips or circles are loosely placed on the sump bed to hold any metal shaving that has absolutely no co-relation with bump or its size.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have noticed this black pan takes significant scratches from off roading. While we all advise and use the front bash plate ,  once we start doing more offroading its better to install a transmission protection plate also (basically an extension of the front bash plate to cover this black ATM cover and further ).

Generally it is advised for wadis,  but safer for sand driving too

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

If its leaking better get it change soon, if not its completely depending on the bump size. Many car ATF sump has edge bumped, its normal. If its too big bump then its critical to change as it will reduce the ATF required quantity.

Magnetic strips or circles are loosely placed on the sump bed to hold any metal shaving that has absolutely no co-relation with bump or its size.

I don’t think its leaking as the oil in the pic is after the major service so possibly residual oil after it was drained for replacement. The dent is also small but I will get it fixed to put myself at ease. 

Update: Took it to a workshop who advised not to repair the oil AT pan for now as it seems a small dent. They said that when I go for the next major service ( after 40K KM) or if I notice any leaks they can then either repair or replace the pan. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use