COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 22 Jan 2021

Srikumar

DRIVE REPORT 

A big moment for me on Friday .... My first newbie lead .... Slightly nervous and I didn't sleep well the night before ....

It was good to see that everyone reached the meeting point on time and all the drivers turned up. I didn't know most of them and I always find it nice to get to know new people. I was also suprised to see a lady driver @kolinrrj ! There are not a lot of ladies in the club so I get excited when I see some more of us turning up.

Once everyone was deflated and put their flags up, I did a briefing, radio check and we were ready to start. That was also the moment the nerves went away and I relaxed .... 

I started a bit slowly just to see how everyone was reacting but there were no troubles so I scaled up the level a little bit. At one point we reached the bowls on the left side of the 2nd December cafeteria and that was where some of the drivers found it a little challenging. The slopes were quite steep and once you got down in the bowl you got to give it gas again to climb up the other side ... @Tamas Hoffmann was brilliant in leading everyone out of the bowls and helping with a few recoveries.

We proceeded the drive up to Pink Rock where everyone got the chance to drive up and over PR and got a bit of a thrill. Every car managed to drive over it without too many troubles except for @Sandeep Subhash, we all thought that the horses in his car died but apparantly the brake paddle was a bit sticky so I didn't matter how much gas he gave, the car didn't make it up .... 

Also @Carlos Fernandez his car was acting a little funny, he was not driving smoothly but was more bouncing in the sand. I hope you found out what the problem was and got it fixed. 

After coming down from PR, we drove around it through some more tricky bowls, got on the track and went to the exit at 2nd December cafetaria ....

Everyone did amazingly well with a minimum of refusals and stucks and I think everybody had a good time. 

I want to thank @Srikumar @Anvar Sadath Bekal and @Tamas Hoffmann for their wonderful support and I hope to see you all very soon in the desert !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 5

Thank you @Vanessa8580 @Srikumar @Tamas Hoffmann and @Anvar Sadath Bekal for the guidance, support and patience. I enjoyed the drive very much. 

Congratulations again @Vanessa8580 🥳 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use