•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Newbie Desert Drive - Suwaydan to Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 12 Aug 2021

Frederic

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and Above

When:  12 Aug 2021, Thursday.

Meeting time: 08:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/3Dhe1fBv7HxxvvH96

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time:  11 PM

End Point: Mleiha Archeological Centre

Minimum Required Offroad Tools Newbie and Above Levels

Tire Deflator and Pressure Gauge

✔️

Safety Flag

✔️

Programmed Radio

✔️

Shovel

✔️

Fire Extinguisher + Medical Kit

✔️

Air Compressor

✔️

JOINING A DRIVE WITHOUT THESE ITEMS IS NOT ALLOWED

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 8:00AM
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on the Calendar below 

• Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Welcome to the club @salah2u !

If this is your first drive with us, you will need to first join the Absolute Newbie driving coming Friday. We use this drive to introduce all our new members to the club.

You will find that drive here:

Goodmorning @Javid_DXB and welcome to Carnity !

If you have not drive with the club, you will first need to attend an Absolute Newbie drive first before signing up for Newbie level drives.

We have an Absolute Newbie drive tomorrow morning. After that you can signup for any Newbie drive.

I will remove your RSVP from this night drive.

Thanks !

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

1) Frederic  Pajero SWB Blue - Crew

2) Lakshmi Narasimhan - Pajero LWB - Intermediate

3) Savio Fernandes - Nissan Patrol Y62 - Newbie

4) Farook Veettil - Toyota Landcruiser - Newbie

5) Munkybizness - Nissan Patrol Y61 - Fewbie

6) Rizwanm2 - Xterra - Support Team

We will be using Channel 2: 446.031 Mhz

Please be ready to go (deflated, flag, etc) by 8PM so we can cover some nice terrain.

NO FLAG OR RADIO = NO DRIVE

PS We will be exiting by 11PM sharp, as some of us are attending the Lens Lovers Club event and we need to reach there in time. Thanks for your understanding.

See you guys tonight !

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

1) Frederic  Pajero SWB Blue - Crew

2) Lakshmi Narasimhan - Pajero LWB - Intermediate

3) Savio Fernandes - Nissan Patrol Y62 - Newbie

4) Farook Veettil - Toyota Landcruiser - Newbie

5) Munkybizness - Nissan Patrol Y61 - Fewbie

6) Rizwanm2 - Xterra - Support Team

We will be using Channel 2: 446.031 Mhz

Please be ready to go (deflated, flag, etc) by 8PM so we can cover some nice terrain.

NO FLAG OR RADIO = NO DRIVE

PS We will be exiting by 11PM sharp, as some of us are attending the Lens Lovers Club event and we need to reach there in time. Thanks for your understanding.

See you guys tonight !

With @Rizwanm2behind me, I'm going to bring my sunglasses and leave my lights in low beam 😎☀️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

As I rack up more "firsts" with Carnity, last night was a double-header with a tight-knit convoy followed by meteor showers behind misplaced clouds. Having done some parts of this track with @Frederic in the morning, seeing it at night brought a completely different view to the experience. For one, at many points in the drive, I was completely oblivious to the elevation we had climbed until we would descend down steep dune walls to realize how high we actually were.

There were a few refusals and sticky sand situations but all of them provided new opportunities to learn. On Wednesday, I had boasted about how ready I was for "shoveling duty". The universe was listening, intently :D

Thank you @Rizwanm2 for being such a tour de force as sweep. But thank you mostly for teaching me how to connect ropes and shackles to recovery points, where & how to shovel, and most importantly giving me the right guidance when I had refusals.

@Lakshmi Narasimhan, you have hands-down the most kitted out Pajero I've ever seen. I think we deserve a forum post "teardown" on just everything you've built and added as you've gone along. I was taking mental notes the entire time. Your chase lights can be used to help planes (or aliens) land in the desert. You riding the ridge out of that bowl was masterclass.

@Savio Fernandes - two drives in one day! There were many moments in the drive where you gave me just the right kind of braking warning with dips. It saved my nose on many occasions. The refusals and sticky situations are all part of the experience, and driving at night can be a bit nerve-wracking but you did great. Did those "teenagers" offer you to buy your car too? 😛

And finally, @Frederic thank you for a lovely leisure drive visiting forests, helping aliens find Sharjah, navigating us through exciting terrain, and planting a big fat smile of satisfaction on my face at the end. All of this while meeting two of my favorite people here. The total number cannot be counted on my two hands 🙏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Frederic for a perfect night drive. it was short convoy and we had maximum fun.  Except @Farook Veettil everybody was on time at the meeting point deflated and flagged. after long time we had our drive brief on ground with social distance and we were out in the desert by 8.10 PM.  about 45 mins into the drive we heard some scattered voice over the radio calling for fredric, strange enough it was not any one from our convoy. Then only I figured out the ghost who calling for Fredric was farook who arrived at the meeting point late. Sorry mate you might have mixed up with the timing hence arrived late.  

we covered almost 50 km in pitch-black desert covering some technical dunes and long hill climbs including Faya.

@Lakshmi Narasimhan it was nice meeting you for the first time and needless to say,  you were perfect behind Fredric as second lead of the convoy.

Behind Lakshmi was @Savio Fernandes in his Y62 patrol, you did great considering its your first night drive. There were couple of stuck mostly when crossing the dunes, you ended up in crested position. i understand it is scary sometimes to cross a dune with enough speed especially when its dark and you cant see anything. We all been there once, hence don’t worry you will master it in no time.

@munkybizness you did great behind savio, I see lot of improvements in your driving compared to previous night drive I had with you. Also thank you very much for your support in recoveries. Hope i didn't blind you this time since you had your sunglasses on 😎 ...  

Have a nice weekend guys, hope to see you all soon. 

image.png.d3d577b94a3275922eacf963c2a73add.png

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use