•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Murquab to Infinity - Dubai - 21 Aug 2021

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above 

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZZLZV5xcjEXpwsp9

Action Plan: There is a stretch of desert, running parallel to E66, from Murqab to Faqa, which offers a challenging terrain, with all kinds of dune formations and occasional sabkhas. We'll make our own way along this route, our own Desert 66, with the goal of reaching Faqa's northern sabkha (no....it won't be close to AD's border 😁). From here on, the sky will be the limit, as we plan to drive westward as far as the sunlight will allow us to.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Frederic changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Murquab to Infinity - Dubai - 21 Aug 2021
On 8/16/2021 at 7:54 AM, Nihal17 said:

Hi Ale , Please add me to WL 1st drive .

Hi @Nihal17. You can join the drive, as there have been 2 dropouts, and this would be your 1st drive. Thanks. 

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, As its wednesday and 2 spots open, i am adding myself to the drive,

one spot is still left for @Nihal17 for his first drive

Hope its fine, let me know if there is any other member prioritised before me.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear @hasan hamadeh, thank you for signing up with this drive. I have seen, however, that you are driving still at Fewbie Level, while this drive is designed for Fewbie Plus and above. I will have to sign yo out of the drive (I have seen you already have another drive during the weekend, so I hope you will still have enough fun). Thanks a lot for understanding. Have a great week.

12 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @Nihal17. You can join the drive, as there have been 2 dropouts, and this would be your 1st drive. Thanks. 

Good morning @Nihal17. Can you please confirm if you are still interested in joining Saturday afternoon's drive? Thanks a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear @Ale Vallecchi, sorry I will not be able to participate. I’ve been tested PCR positive in Qatar, I’m stuck there for 7 days… See you in a future drive !

Get well soon @JeromeFJ 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @hasan hamadeh, thank you for signing up with this drive. I have seen, however, that you are driving still at Fewbie Level, while this drive is designed for Fewbie Plus and above. I will have to sign yo out of the drive (I have seen you already have another drive during the weekend, so I hope you will still have enough fun). Thanks a lot for understanding. Have a great week.

Good morning @Nihal17. Can you please confirm if you are still interested in joining Saturday afternoon's drive? Thanks a lot. 

Hi @Ale Vallecchi I understand, but I thought that if I do the Fewbie drive on Friday you would allow me to join the Fewbie Plus drive on Saturday evening. I would like to mention that I have done 5 Fewbie Plus drives with UAE off-road club but then decided to join you guys again because I realized that your rides are much more organized and professional compared to others. I would kindly request that you put me on the waiting list for the Saturday afternoon drive pending my successful completion of Friday morning Fewbie drive. Please let me know.  

Important Information

Terms of use