•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 13 Feb 2022

Vanessa8580

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

AN drive 13 feb_sm.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

This is an off-road drive for beginners where you'll drive and learn at your own pace:

• This is not a training session.
  • This is not a 1:1 teaching class.
  • This is not a Desert Driving Course.

If you are interested in comprehensive 1:1 training sessions, please check Desert Driving Courses.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Important links to read:

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  13 February 2022, Sunday.

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.818832,55.255631

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 4

Hi Vanessa, I am not an Absolute Newbie, I had a few drives with other clubs and it will be my first drive with Carnity. So, am i an Absolute Newbie for you or shall i follow Newbie Drives? ☺️ Thank you! 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, iremmeri said:

Hi Vanessa, I am not an Absolute Newbie, I had a few drives with other clubs and it will be my first drive with Carnity. So, am i an Absolute Newbie for you or shall i follow Newbie Drives? ☺️ Thank you! 

Good morning @iremmeri 

Because it is your first drive with Carnity, you will have to complete an absolute newbie drive first before you can move on to regular newbie drives. Looking forward to meet you on Sunday !

@G300 @Amit Seth @Deepak 11 @abms2ktrooper @Gurcharan Mehta @iremmeri @Mohamed Khalifa

Welcome to Carnity.

As a basic introduction, kindly reply to the following:

1) which 4x4 are you bringing ?

2) Do you have prior offroading experience ? If so please clarify

3) Does your vehicle have front and back towpoints ? This is mandatory before being eligible to join.

Tools Needed

For your very first drive with us, we would like to ask you to bring a pressure gauge, deflator tool, and a compressor to inflate your tyres after the drive. (the one near the gas station is usually defective).

The next tools you will be needing from second drive onwards, are a walkie-talkie, offroad flag, and a decent shovel. If by any chance you have these tools already you are of course welcome to bring them along on your first drive.

@Ishaq Muhammad 

This is an Absolute newbie drive. You already completed 3 drives with us so I kindly request you to sign up for a newbie drive. I will remove your name from this drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

Hello @Vanessa8580 and thank you for organizing.

My answers regarding your questions as follows: 1) I will be driving a Jeep Gladiator 2) I have always been an off-road enthusiast with strong understanding of the cars fundamentals and upgrades.  I have completed >50 drives back in my home country where terrain is mainly crawling and snow. As for desert and dune driving I have done 9 drives out of which 4 drives were 2 years back and in a different car. In the past month I have done 5 drives by myself exploring Qudra with my new car. This ought summarize it 3) Yes, tow points exists on the car.

Thanks and looking forward

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi there, I can't wait to drive with yall as I want to have fun off-roading without modifying my vehicle. 

The car I have is a Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition, and it's a 2020

Yes, I do have prior off-road experience. Been doing this for a few years now so I don't have an exact number to the dot but  I'd say 50+ drives for sure. 

Yes the vehicle has front and rear hooks

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Vanessa8580 said:

Good morning @iremmeri 

Because it is your first drive with Carnity, you will have to complete an absolute newbie drive first before you can move on to regular newbie drives. Looking forward to meet you on Sunday !

@G300 @Amit Seth @Deepak 11 @abms2ktrooper @Gurcharan Mehta @iremmeri @Mohamed Khalifa

Welcome to Carnity.

3) Does your vehicle have front and back towpoints ? This is mandatory before being eligible to join.

Tools Needed

For your very first drive with us, we would like to ask you to bring a pressure gauge, deflator tool, and a compressor to inflate your tyres after the drive. (the one near the gas station is usually defective).

The next tools you will be needing from second drive onwards, are a walkie-talkie, offroad flag, and a decent shovel. If by any chance you have these tools already you are of course welcome to bring them along on your first drive.

@Ishaq Muhammad 

This is an Absolute newbie drive. You already completed 3 drives with us so I kindly request you to sign up for a newbie drive. I will remove your name from this drive. 

Hi Good After Noon @Vanessa8580

1.So this is my First ever off road drive,\

2. I will be Bringing Mitsubishi Pajero 2014 4 Door.

3.  It Seems to be inbuild in Pajero.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 2/6/2022 at 8:38 AM, Vanessa8580 said:

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

AN drive 13 feb_sm.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

This is an off-road drive for beginners where you'll drive and learn at your own pace:

• This is not a training session.
  • This is not a 1:1 teaching class.
  • This is not a Desert Driving Course.

If you are interested in comprehensive 1:1 training sessions, please check Desert Driving Courses.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Important links to read:

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  13 February 2022, Sunday.

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.818832,55.255631

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

Please RSVP on below calendar

1 hour ago, Amit Seth said:

Hi Good After Noon @Vanessa8580

1.So this is my First ever off road drive,\

2. I will be Bringing Mitsubishi Pajero 2014 4 Door.

3.  It Seems to be inbuild in Pajero.

7 hours ago, Vanessa8580 said:

Good morning @iremmeri 

Welcome to Carnity.

Tools Needed

@Ishaq Muhammad 

Hi  @Vanessa8580 Thanks for the confirmation - To answer your questions : 

1. I will be driving Jeep 2021 Wrangler

2. I dont have any prior professional experience , have done couple of drives with friends exploring Qudra / Half Desert

3. Yes My car has have front and back tow-points...

Looking forward to this Drive ! 

Regards
Deepak 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi Vanessa,

1. Car: Silver 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport stock standard

2. Zero sand off-roading experience. Did some mild gravel/mountain off-roading a decade ago

3. Yes, standard front and rear tow-points.

Regards,

Riaan

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Vanessa8580 My name is Mayami.

1. My car is 2010 Pajero3.8L LWB

2. I have zero off-roading experience and my general knowledge on the same is limited. But I am passionate and a big fan of it.

3. Standard front and rear points as manufacture default.

I unfortunately will be unable to bring the following. But willing to have them organize after the first drive. Please let me know if I  am still qualified to participate without the below.

For your very first drive with us, we would like to ask you to bring a pressure gauge, deflator tool, and a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive. (the one near the gas station is usually defective).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use