•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Abu-Dhabi - 29 Oct 2022

JeromeFJ

Drive Info

Yes, it is in Abu Dhabi, No, it is not far from Dubai, Yes, it is worth the trip

We will approach the mighty Sweihan environment in a relaxed Fewbie drive, with plenty of opportunities to challenge your skills.

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and Above 

When:  29 October 2022, Saturday

Meeting time: 6.15 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/ymz7oQtjeyAWAnDX8?g_st=ic

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10.15 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL STARTING AND ENDING THE DRIVE AT THE SAME POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 drivers.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Thank you for signing up for the drive next Saturday. I'm sure you will enjoy the Nahel environment. Starting from small to medium size dunes, we will progressively approach the high dunes of Sweihan. We might have some portions of technical areas, and occasionally use sabkhas to link between dunes cordons. 

I will indicate the convoy order and radio channel tomorrow by the end of the day. Until then, check your car and your gears. We have still a waitlist open, so let me know sufficiently in advance in case you modified your plans.

Stay tuned for the next update tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

11 hours ago, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

Hej @JeromeFJ,

i am looking forward to this trip. Btw, where would be our exit point?

thanks

Jaro

Hi @Jaro Tuzinsky, good to have you in the drive.

Option A is to loop back to the entry point. A few alternatives are possible depending on how we progress

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jad Moussalli said:

Sorry Jerome, I need to pull out… I was really looking forward to meet you and to ride those dunes… next time

Noted Jad, thanks for informing early. I'm sure we will have another opportunity

56 minutes ago, Adam James said:

Sorry Jerome but I also need to pull out! Enjoy the drive and hope to see you soon

Sorry about that @Adam James. See you soon hopefully

Dear Desert Drivers

Last update for tomorrow morning

Meeting at 6:15 am at  https://maps.app.goo.gl/ymz7oQtjeyAWAnDX8?g_st=ic

We will have a small convoy. It will give us latitude to adapt to the conditions, and make the best use of the time available!

Convoy order will be

image.png.0035689802de7dad0451d8897cc7f382.png

We will use Radio Channel 1

Enjoy the evening, take a good rest, and see you tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 5

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Yes, it was definitely worth it. For an additional 20 min from Dubai, we have enjoyed a beautiful desert environment, and one of the most amazing drives. This short convoy was perfect to explore the area, and we have made the most of it!

Starting with a small technical portion, we rapidly reached nice rolling dunes for a smooth warm-up in the pristine morning light. Moving West, we came to a technical area, protecting the access to the hidden Ghafeteen Bowl. We passed through the obstacle to enter inside the large bowl, and we could take turns testing the slopes. Coming out of the bowl, we had probably the most difficult portion of the drive, climbing to the top of the dunes through a series of small bowls. You were excellent, keeping a constant momentum and avoiding the soft pockets. From there, the unlimited view of the dunes from Nahel to Sweihan was giving the dimensions of the space.

Driving down, and crossing the sabkha, we reached to the next cordon of dunes, where we continued our progression to the massive Nagrah Dune. Turning around, watching the steep slopes, we could find a way to reach close to the top. Again, taking advantage of the empty slopes, we could take turns and push our cars to the heights. Staying in control at all time, especially on the way down is critical as we have seen. Jaro experienced a small loss of control that resulted in a pop-out. It was fixed with an efficient team work, and it was time to think to exit. 

The way back to the entry point was just pure driving pleasure, navigating at faster pace through the dunes. We covered 69km, at an average moving speed of 25.3 km/h. Even if we had a few km of tracks, this is very respectable for a Fewbie drive, and shows the great capabilities of our group. @Jaro Tuzinsky, @Nathan L, @Mike., very well driven, excellent representation of the Pajero FB team (and yes Pajero can access higher level), and Jaro, thank you for the 2nd Lead, @Looper, thank you for the support, the only tug was for me, perfectly executed. @Joji varghese thank you for joining, it is always nice to have experienced members in the drive. @Brette thank you for the reassuring sweep, and for the company! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use