•  
Advertise here

Looking for shocks and wheels for my y62

Hey guys, i just got into offroading. Currently enjoying it but now im concerned for the safety of my car as my skill progresses. Looking to get a skid plate, wheels and shocks. I dont mind second hand shocks for the cars. Any tips or deals would be highly appreciated. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, ObiWanAkNoobi said:

Hey guys, i just got into offroading. Currently enjoying it but now im concerned for the safety of my car as my skill progresses. Looking to get a skid plate, wheels and shocks. I dont mind second hand shocks for the cars. Any tips or deals would be highly appreciated. 

Hi @ObiWanAkNoobiwelcome to the forum and club !

The Y62 is a very capable offroader, but it's delicate spots are:

1. The front and rear bumper. This is the first thing that will come off after a couple of drives. So either get them trimmed or replaced by a shorter model.

2. big stock rims that do not allow for tyres with a bigger sidewall. A smaller size rim would help.

The skid plate or bash plate is a very good addition for offroading and definitely a good investment.

Wheels and shocks i would not touch for now, as you are new into offroading and will still need to learn the basics first. With your stock suspension and wheels you will be fine. Once you have done 10-15 drives you will be in a better position to understand what you could/would need. 

@MMansoor@Lawrence_Chehimi@salah2u @Chaitanya D all drive or have driven Y62 and can advise you further.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@ObiWanAkNoobi y62 is a good car for off-roading sans the faster and challenging drives as you progress ( this is only opinion considering a heavy car)

we have had members here who have excelled in a Y62 or a bigger car too so it all depends on how you learn and progress , get to know your comfort level and be in sync with your car. They have indeed done all levels and climbed up the ladder in this club  in terms of experience , driving and being a great team member 

skid plates and bumper cuts are something to start with as @Frederic mentioned keep the rest for another day as you progress . 
welcome to off-roading 

21 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

@ObiWanAkNoobi y62 is a good car for off-roading sans the faster and challenging drives as you progress ( this is only opinion considering a heavy car)

we have had members here who have excelled in a Y62 or a bigger car too so it all depends on how you learn and progress , get to know your comfort level and be in sync with your car. They have indeed done all levels and climbed up the ladder in this club  in terms of experience , driving and being a great team member 

skid plates and bumper cuts are something to start with as @Frederic mentioned keep the rest for another day as you progress . 
welcome to off-roading 

Yes, alot of friends have told me that my Y62 could hold me back in the future when i want to do more hardcore drives. Personally, ive driven a couple friends’ cars (lc100, y61, pathfinder etc) and see how they are more capable than my y62 but i just love the way that my car drives both on and off road. And the fact that im sitting in a car as luxurious and huge as mine and still able to take dunes gives me a huge kick. 

As expected i have broken my front bumper and gotten a replacement.  
Trying to find a skid plate, its really hard to source things for the y62