•  
Advertise here

How is Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro for off-road?

@Nilakantan Erode did you managed to get the used Prado. I am thinking to sell mine, and move to a new car for off roading. Pls DM me if you are interested. 😀

All Experts can I please have your views on Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro. A friend of mine has imported a new one from US as its not sold in GCC. I am considering buying that and have 2 more options - Jeep 392 / Ford Bronco Raptor. I would use the car for 70 % onroad and 30 % offroad.

• Like (+1) 2

Double-check the weight of 4Runner, if it's lighter than your Prado and offers more power-to-weight ratio, then only it makes sense from a performance perspective.

I would any day stick to the GCC model more than an import because parts and mods are locally available quickly. So the difficult repair or major services can be handled easily.

I once had EU spec Lexus GS430 and remember how badly Al Futtaim used to treat that car like an orphan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

70/30 on road vs off-road I’d take the Prado as you have lots more comfort and options on board.

The 4Runner is more rudimentary and drives more truck-like. It looks more Off-road capable as well as it provides a bit more ground clearance especially in the front. Trimming the bumper or getting a lift in the Prado would solve that issue. 

I have a friend that drives a US spec Tundra and often complains he’s waiting for parts to come from the US, so like @Gaurav mentioned this might be a bit of an issue. 

As it’s US specs you won’t be able to get full comprehensive insurance I think (not sure though).

My 5 cents: keep the Prado and modify to your own personal likings. It has fantastic resale value and parts are easily available. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Gautam BankaLet me know how i can reach you? Can have a chat on prado..if you are still keen on selling the same. My email is [email protected] and i can be reached on +971547802888. 

@Gaurav and @Frederic have made some good points...especially on service / warranty / insurance and repairs on non gcc specs.  And...you had earlier mentioned that you had already made some modifications to your prado...correct? and that these mods are ready for intermediate level. @Gauravhad also mentioned the same earlier.

And...while on the subject of choosing a car (dont shoot me folks!)..any thoughts on Bronco Wildtrak? The test drives were fun. Price not so much.! some preowned 2021 / 2022 with low mileage are available! 

7 minutes ago, Nilakantan Erode said:

And...while on the subject of choosing a car (dont shoot me folks!)..any thoughts on Bronco Wildtrak? The test drives were fun. Price not so much.! some preowned 2021 / 2022 with low mileage are available! 

Nil, create a new topic relevant to each car for better visibility and responses from respective owners.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav. Thanks. Will certainly start a new thread for Bronco. Dont see too many on the road here  in Dubai since it has only been here since 2021 and limited supplies) .Most reviews and videos are still heavily US focused / biased (that is US offroad is not so much Desert / Dunes!).

1 hour ago, Nilakantan Erode said:

@Gaurav. Thanks. Will certainly start a new thread for Bronco. Dont see too many on the road here  in Dubai since it has only been here since 2021 and limited supplies) .Most reviews and videos are still heavily US focused / biased (that is US offroad is not so much Desert / Dunes!).

Everytime i hear about Bronco, i remember old joke:

A town in the West American steppe. Saloon. At the table sit two cowboys, a local and a visitor, and drink whiskey. Suddenly, someone rushes along the street at great speed, firing revolvers in all directions. There's no one in the saloon with an ear. Local visitor:

- Bill?

- Yes, Harry?

What was that, Bill?

- It was the elusive Joe, Harry.

Why is he called the elusive Joe, Bill?

- Because no one's caught him yet, Harry.

- Why hasn't anyone caught him yet, Bill?

- Because no one wants him, Harry. ==

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1