•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Exploring Razeen - Abu Dhabi - 23 Sep 2023

Gaurav

DRIVE PLAN

PLEASE READ IT FULLY, BEFORE RSVP.

This will be an exploration drive through Razeen desert with an aim to find, mark and connect good, bad and wow areas for future drives.

Being an exploration drive, it can be 6K RPM all the time, it can be technical, it can be scenic, it can be fast or dead slow - I don't know. So be ready for anything, but be sure it's going to be very exciting as no one knows the start and end point.

The bottom line, this is not going to be a regular off-road drive, so please join the drive with an open mind and flexible approach.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Intermediate and above
  • When: 23 September 2023, Saturday
  • Meeting time:  5:30 AM
  • Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/bVLiFt1NXmvyvbtx6
  • Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

The meeting point is updated on the drive post and calendar.

Last fuel station: https://maps.app.goo.gl/RKZ1Yrj9LrBSVPbb9

Everyone MUST get their car filled up here, please.

• Like (+1) 3

Wow ! Looking forward to this long drive ! ( I hope the black coffee stock remains sufficient for everyone by the time I reach there :D ( shows 220 kms for me from my start point to drive start point :D

@Gaurav Bhai - I see 100 kms from Gas Station to Meeting point - is this correct ? :D ( May be time to carry Jerry cans ? 

Edited by DP1011
  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

17 minutes ago, DP1011 said:

@Gaurav Bhai - I see 100 kms from Gas Station to Meeting point - is this correct ? :D ( May be time to carry Jerry cans ? 

There's another ADNOC Gas Station 80km from meeting point so you can save 20km range 😅  After filling there you exit first right into the farm road and keep on pushing till you see the Big Razeen Roundabout.

ADNOC Service Station | Al Faya (891)
https://maps.app.goo.gl/wxxEQHC7hhNjhPnw6?g_st=ic

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zed said:

There's another ADNOC Gas Station 80km from meeting point so you can save 20km range 😅  After filling there you exit first right into the farm road and keep on pushing till you see the Big Razeen Roundabout.

ADNOC Service Station | Al Faya (891)
https://maps.app.goo.gl/wxxEQHC7hhNjhPnw6?g_st=ic

@Looper will be thankful for this one , else he will end up using his 1/4th tank :D ,  now may be he will use little lesser :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, DP1011 said:

( May be time to carry Jerry cans ? 

That's a very good idea, for cars with small fuel tanks of 60-70 liters like mine.

• Like (+1) 2

Adnoc Al Qua (946) is 60 km away from the meeting point, so I will refuel from there.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/WiNtQU5oDL5Tmi9D8

image.png

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

That's a very good idea, for cars with small fuel tanks of 60-70 liters like mine.

Definitely considering it, 160km round trip between the fuel station and start point, that’s half a tank just on the black top for the paj

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

12 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Adnoc Al Qua (946) is 60 km away from the meeting point, so I will refuel from there.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/WiNtQU5oDL5Tmi9D8

image.png

image.png.0dba5e0df0d040174ec47dd3c366386f.pngThis means that I need to take E95. I will start after I have dinner and go there. take an hour of nap in the car somehow. It is going to be Epic.

BTW last time we did a drive there at Al Qua, I and @GauravSoni stopped at a Mandi Restaurant at Al Quaa and had a good feast and took an hour of nap before we started from there. It was quite relaxing TBH.

image.png.a05d50c8119bdd2c6d4a84c9a8633e7e.png

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

10 minutes ago, Looper said:

image.png.0dba5e0df0d040174ec47dd3c366386f.pngThis means that I need to take E95. I will start after I have dinner and go there. take an hour of nap in the car somehow. It is going to be Epic.

BTW last time we did a drive there at Al Qua, I and @GauravSoni stopped at a Mandi Restaurant at Al Quaa and had a good feast and took an hour of nap before we started from there. It was quite relaxing TBH.

image.png.a05d50c8119bdd2c6d4a84c9a8633e7e.png

Taking the 611 and coming in the other way is over 100kms shorter and a hr less driving. means I get a little more beauty sleep. 😳
IMG_5062.jpeg.833b8539967e6e3de19a48ce41904635.jpeg

I Will have to go easy on the loud pedal on the way, will save on speeding fines. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use