Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan North - Dubai - 18 May 2024

We request every member who joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programmable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/f8nSRBXb24ryGTvm8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 6 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

14 hours ago, Renier Venter said:

Oops , I accidentally clicked on manage. Didn't know that was an option. I have a curious phone finger. Don't see how to un-manage myself from this trip. 

Good morning @Renier Venter, someone removed you already from "Manage". If you want to attend, you can add yourself to the wait list. We are still at the beginning of the week, so you have your chances. 

Good morning, 

Thank you for signing up for the drive on Saturday morning. We have a lot of attendance including the waitlist and unfortunately, I will not be able to accept everyone. If the convoy is too long, it becomes more difficult to have all cars running together, and if we have more issues, or more cars stuck, it takes more time for the whole convoy.

So... this is what I will do

@Giacomo @ChrisW @Wilfredo Perez @Ozgu @Adam Black @nithish468 @Joji varghese @Rajath Shetty @jinoy @Zubail @Walter Palk @Zubair @Gary F, you are confirmed. No action from your side, but let me know or remove your RSVP if you changed your plan.

@Victor Socaciu @Benjamin, first 2 in the wait list, I'm adding you to the drive. Please confirm your attendance.

@Martin Schwaiger @Julian Patterson @Martin M @Ahmed Farouk, you are in the wait list, in that order. If before Friday 7:00 pm, one of the  above indicates he is not coming, I will add you.

Thank you for your understanding.

I will communicate by the end of the afternoon tomorrow the convoy order and radio channel. Stay tuned!

• Like (+1) 3

@Victor Socaciu, If I'm correct, this will be your first drive with Carnity. Can you please

• indicate if you have previous off-roading experience.
  • watch and confirm the video "Absolute Newbie Briefing" (link on top of this post),
  • check and confirm that your car has tow points front and rear
  • confirm that you have flag and radio, and a shovel

Any specific question, let me know, thank you.

Confirmed to support you @JeromeFJ

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Martin Schwaiger said:

I am waitlisted but I most likely cannot join due to other commitments at the same time so you can give my slot someone else

Thank you @Martin Schwaiger, I hope you will have another opportunity very soon.

Hi @JeromeFJ

i just bought a jeep wrangler last week, jl model, 2 door, year 2020. 
i have no previous offroad experience

i haven’t watched the video yet, but I’ll do so tonight.

i don’t have a flag and a radio, but I plan to go buy them on Friday. Could you advise me which radio i should buy and from where?

Thank you and I’m looking forward to my first offroading experience! :)

Important Information

Terms of use