Advertise here

tier question

gulsaaz

i have a 2002 discovery and i need to replace the tiers but before that i want to know which are the best tiers for this car

they should be on road and off road

i need to lift the car a bit as i don't want to go for further modifications

and finally i want an advice on air pressure as well

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

275/75/R16 shud be best for disco with 1 - 2inch tall profile and then u can lift it with spacer or new springs. Michelin, yokohama shud have these. Avoid dunlop and bridgestone please.

Tire pressure for onroad is 30 - 35 and offroad in sand is 15psi and wadi in 25psi. Good luck.

• 4 months later...
275/75/R16 shud be best for disco with 1 - 2inch tall profile and then u can lift it with spacer or new springs. Michelin, yokohama shud have these. Avoid dunlop and bridgestone please.

Tire pressure for onroad is 30 - 35 and offroad in sand is 15psi and wadi in 25psi. Good luck.

Hi I hope you had changed yours. I have 98 Disco that I bought one month ago and the first thing I have done is to change the stock tiers 235/70/16 to new Michelin Latitude Ones 265/70/16 but with that you need to Trime your rear fenders with the Camel Cut as it will be rubbing when flexing or offroading.

I had lately come threw a very nice equation to know the exact hight of a new tire to compare how much lift will give you a new tire and is as follows:

Formula (a/b/c) Height in inch = [(a x 0.b x 2)/ 25.232] + c

Exemple: (235/70/16) Height = ( 235 x 0.7 x 2 / 25.232) + 16 = 29.03 inch

New Tyer (265/70/16) Height = (265 x 0.7 x 2 / 25.232) + 16 = 30.7 inch

The new tyer will give you an additional clearence of 30.7-29.03 = 1.67 inch

For the proposed size you will have a new height of 32.34 inch i.e. 3.3 inch which I think is quite too big unless you are looking for an additional body lift of 2 inch minimum then I think you need a lader to reach your car 2 inch lift + 3.3 = 5.3 inch equivalant to 10cm additional height from stock!!!

I hope I am not mistaken.

Regards,

Gas

For off roading the most recommended is 265/75-16 BF Goodrich All Terrain (AT) is excellent and not to noisy, you will require a 2" lift for these to fit though. the 265/70-16 recommended earlier is more a road tire due to shorter side wall, the calculation used is correct but the added height (Clearance would be the diff between the two tires sizes divided by 2. i.e. 1.67 / 2 = .84 of an inch extra clearance. as previously advised as well you will get trouble with the tire hitting the rear wheel arch, less so with a 2" lift but still possible.

I hope this information helps.

Road tire pressure should be 35psi cold when loaded and off road (sand) anything between 20 and 10psi, the lower the pressure the more traction on sand but the easier it is to have a pop out (tire coming off the rim)