Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - G Force Max - 2nd Dec Cafe - Sharjah - 26 May 2024

DRIVE PLAN

In this drive we will test the limits of our capability to endure g-force; starting at 2nd December Cafe in Nazwa and end it near Big Red - Badayer.  We will do countless short, small but intense sidees thought our drive testing our endurance.

There is a high likelihood of motion sickness for passengers as they won't be able comprehend where we are going, as it occurs when one's brain can't make sense of information sent from their eyes, ears and body and they will feel queasy.

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THAT EVERYTHING IN YOUR CAR IS PROPERLY SECURED

GENERAL OVERVIEW

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above
When: 26 May 2024, Sunday
Meeting time: Be deflated by 6:00 am (Briefing will be from 6:00 am to 6:15 and we will start the drive at 6:15 latest)
Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/oruTNyEgbbGL3zwu5
Approximate finish time: 09:30 AM
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

don't drive like its your last one.

@Matt - monkeywrench I suggest you sign up only when the promotion is announced. Do not worry we will have more than enough space in the convoy if & when you are ready for it. Cheers! 

@Prithvi Raj, @Shiju Raju, @Stumpy, @khlief, @Sandeep Nayar, @Andrew John Melvill, @Zak_, @Anoop Nair, @Danny G

The last time: When we did this drive three months ago; it was a Fewbie Plus drive. It had rained few days earlier so the dunes/terrain were quite firm. It was a fast and fun drive, please check out below video from that drive.

The terrain: This time however the dunes will be mostly dry. We all know that Tawi Nazwa - Big Red area is a favorite among desert safari guys and traverse these dunes so often that it is full of cross tracks.

The preparation: Take adequate rest and arrive a bit early so that you don't rush into getting ready in the last minutes. You will need full concentration in this drive.

The expectation: This drive will be slightly faster than you are used to till now. It will also involve a lot of short sharp turns and loops among the dunes. We expect everyone to adhere to the briefing that will be given in the start of the drive. We won't waste a lot of time - a quick drive and an early exit is what you should expect.

till we loop in the dunes; you all take care... 

• Like (+1) 4

On 5/21/2024 at 7:46 AM, Looper said:

@Matt - monkeywrench I suggest you sign up only when the promotion is announced. Do not worry we will have more than enough space in the convoy if & when you are ready for it. Cheers! 

Thanks, I have done that and sent my request. Hopefully I can join as that video that was posted looks like a great drive with nice flow and banking! It'll be interesting to see how the rain affects things

Edited by Matt - monkeywrench
  • Like (+1) 1

@Andrew John Melvill, @Prithvi Raj, @khlief, @Anoop Nair, @lucas amat, @Zak_, @Sandeep Nayar, @Shiju Raju  & @M.Seidam 🐐

Please ensure that you arrive at least 15 min prior to the meeting time and deflated and ready to go by 6:00. We will have a quick briefing from 6:00 till 6:15 and we will be off.

We will take loops on channel 2.

image.png.97966a8249eac106e40d7ada87ede45e.png

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Hi @Looper apologies I think I removed my self yesterday when I was checking if the drive order had been posted, is it ok to re join?

Sure - please sign up

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use