•  

Full day drive - 15 Dec

Rahimdad

I am planning a full day drive from Bidayer towards Pink Rock, stopping at a mosque for Friday prayers and continuing to Kalba Maliha area. The last time we were there we found some amazing rolling dunes, and look forward to some similar excitement. 

This area offers all level terrain in some easy to medium size rolling dunes, and we expect to finish at the pink rock area. This is an all level drive, fit for newbies and fewbies as well.

When: 3 Nov, 2017 Friday
Meeting time: 9:00 AM, convoy will move sharp at 9:15 AM
Where: Old Emarat Petrol Station at Lahbab R/A

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/gQd1UszDdSG2

Level of drive: Absolute Newbie - Newbie - Fewbie - Expert - Advance - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Morning drive from Bidayer to Pink rock and then on to Kalba Maliha
What to bring along: snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 3:00 PM, 15 Dec 2017, Friday

big red.jpg

Please RSVP the calender

What a beautiful weather, amazing people and awesome terrain for a brilliant day out.

Everything does not go as planned, that should be out Moro. The amazing thing out of all of this is we are in for anything thrown at us as a team. Saleem bhai has plenty to keep his hands greasy. The plan to offer Friday prayers at either Pink Rocks or at Maliha entrance was ruled out after an hour into the drive. We headed back to the Bidayer Mosque instead and soon after went looking for a couple of things that could get the convoy moving. Unfortunately the trouble was more persistent than us and we had to park one of the 6 rides at entry point and continued the drive with 5.

From here the team impressed me keeping pace and we quickly reached Pink Rocks and crossed to the other side heading to Maliha. The spot where we climb in was soft and sticky and took us a bit of time to clear. But once we were through the first stage we met up with a group of Nissan Patrols that seemed to be migrating in numbers, we joined them for a quick drive through a very nice track to Big Fall. As we glanced at Faya from a distance, all we could see was a Tal Moreeb like atmosphere with cars flying right, left and center. We decided against crossing over and played for some time at the Big Falls.

As the sun started to go down and time was the essence, we crossed Ive through a break in fence we had found on a previous drive and started to drive to Fossil Rocks. As the sun set and it was getting dark we were on top of Fossil Rock with only Saleem dinging some soft patch. After recovering him we headed to the top.

Here some bossy Locals whose LC had stalled borrowed my car to get it off the angle and getting it started. They got my Pathy stuck and were thinking of easy solution by cutting to rope. I kept reminding them the cost which it seemed they did not want to pay. But these local kids are genius, as he dug around the wheels to cause a decline behind them, just 2 inches as we pushed the car back. Now the rope was free and he had the chance to go around to the front and pull their car down. Once at the base his car started and we were finally off back to the top of Fossil Rock. Sertac and myself took on the steep decline, while Asif bhai, Ahmed and Sallem took the way around.

As we drive out Asif bhai took the lead as I swept and Sertac decided to stay back and enjoy the weather further with a nice BBQ. What an amazing day out, thanks to all involved in making this another memorable trip from Carnity.

Pics to be posted soon in the Gallery.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use