•  
Advertise here

McLaren Senna

Barry

McLaren really tries very hard to beat their own records, but apparently, almost all model looks so damn identical.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Talking about McLaren my favorite F1 driver was Nigel Mansel. He used to drive the Malboro red and white Honda McLaren. He once came to the Honda showroom in Deira back in the late 80s. My brother is quite an artist and he had painted the F1 Marlboro McLaren. When he was initialling and giving everybody his posters, he put his complete sign on my brother's drawing. We spend a good 10 minutes chatting with him. I still admire him.

The good 'ol days of F1 :)

I was a big Senna fan, and stopped watching for a while after he passed away, but i always remembered Mansell to be a brilliant driver with a particular character. Never a dull day with this bloke...

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

14 hours ago, Gaurav said:

McLaren really tries very hard to beat their own records, but apparently, almost all model looks so damn identical.

Good spot. The Senna is basically a heavily modified 720 S. 

To me, a car like this is really pointless. After all, who can really use it to its full potential except on race tracks, where there are a dozen or more other cars just like it?  

2 hours ago, Barry said:

That is kind of the point of it. With a kerb weight of 1198kg it’s a car solely for setting lap times. I have a feeling we might see it in the GT3 race series this year or next year. 

That's true, but why go to the trouble of making it road legal then? Why not just build a purely race-ready car, since it will save them the homologation costs?

There will always be a few ultra rich who would love to have this in their collection. Ferrari FXX is on the same level as this but the owners aren't allowed to take it home. If you want to drive it, they will organize a track day complete with a team of mechanics for you to take it out for the day but they will bring it back to their storage area again. The beauty of this is that you own it, you can take it home and park it in your garage and admire it, invite your friends round to admire it. Do all that Facebook and instagram stuff.

personally, I'd rather have a Maserati MC12 parked in my garage. The noise is glorious.