•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 21 Aug 2020

Frederic

@Athula Dharmadada Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club.

Please introduce yourself with the following information:

- Which 4x4 are you driving ? Nissan Pathfinder 2015 ?

- Any prior offroad experience ?

- Are the front and rear towpoints in perfect condition ?

I have noticed you have entered in your profile data that you have a Nissan Pathfinder 2015. Is this correct ?

Please note that the Nissan Pathfinder does not possess the minimum ground clearance as specified in our  drive topic:

Ground clearance is only 7inch while it should be 8 inch minimum. This is to avoid breaking your vehicle as we cross dunes in our drives.

image.png.2e546eb332975eb91cdd587e333c6db9.png

Unfortunately we cannot allow this vehicle for the offroad drive on Friday.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Shaaz Sha welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

Kindly introduce yourself and provide the following information:

1) Which 4x4 are you driving ? Wrangler ?

2) Any prior offroading experience ? If so, where ?

3) Are the front and back towpoints in perfect condition ?

Thanks !

• Well Done (+2) 1

Hi,

My self is Mohamed SHAJI and I am from India. I live in ajman and I work for a spices manufacturing company.

I am driving a Jeep Wrangler 2016 and I don't have any prior offroading experience. So far I haven't used my car for any recovery purposes and tow hooks are supposed to b in perfect condition.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Shaaz Sha said:

Hi,

My self is Mohamed SHAJI and I am from India. I live in ajman and I work for a spices manufacturing company.

I am driving a Jeep Wrangler 2016 and I don't have any prior offroading experience. So far I haven't used my car for any recovery purposes and tow hooks are supposed to b in perfect condition.

Thanks ! Looking forward meeting you tomorrow !

Please take your time to go through our Newbie video briefing as this contains ALL the essential data as we would normally give in a verbal briefing Pre-Covid:

• Like (+1) 1

Hi

I don't have any idea how to switch off the ABS and AIR BAG etc and I don't have any offroading accessories as shown in the briefing vedio. Plz suggest me a place where I can get these things if it's really an essential

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Shaaz Sha said:

Hi

I don't have any idea how to switch off the ABS and AIR BAG etc and I don't have any offroading accessories as shown in the briefing vedio. Plz suggest me a place where I can get these things if it's really an essential

Hi @Shaaz Sha For your first drive with us, a tyre deflator and pressure gauge is all you need. You can find these in Dragon Mart, Speedex, Ace, or many other hardware shops that have an automotive section.

A comprehensive overview for every drive level is posted below:

With regards to the ABS and Airbag, On a Jeep Wrangler if you disable the traction aid system it should disable the ABS also automatically.

For disabling the airbags, you can have a look at the vehicle manual. For an Absolute Newbie drive this is not a big concern, but as soon as you start joining more often you should pull the airbag fuse just to make sure.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Bhaskar @izzumonv @Derek Fernandes @Dineth Kalukapuge @Shaaz Sha @Rizwan Waheed

Thanks for signing up for tomorrow's drive. Its always good to see new faces so i am looking forward to meeting all of you.

A few points from my side:

1) Please bring a tyre deflator and a pressure gauge. You will need to deflate your tyres to 15psi at the meetup point. We can assist you in that if you have not done this before. You can buy these in ACE, Speedex, Dragon Mart or any hardware shop with automotive section.

2) Please go through the below briefing video with undivided attention. It contains all essential information you need to know when starting this new hobby.

3) Please be on time, if you have no experience in deflating your tyres please arrive a bit earlier. The sooner we can hit the sand the more drive time we will have to enjoy and learn.

I will be posting the convoy list this evening. Stay tuned :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hello guys,

I am Rizwan, a newbie of course :). Never driven in desert before but really excited and want to use this platform to learn and develop the skills. 

I have Pajero 2006(bit Old but bold in condition ;)) - 5 door. Completely Stock (For Now).

I will be accompanied by one of my friend.  

i don't have any gadgets or tools as of now, but will buy if there's a necessity. 

Kindly advise, if i need to carry something along.

Looking forward to join you guys.

Thnx & Regards,  :) 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Rizwan Waheed said:

Hello guys,

I am Rizwan, a newbie of course :). Never driven in desert before but really excited and want to use this platform to learn and develop the skills. 

I have Pajero 2006(bit Old but bold in condition ;)) - 5 door. Completely Stock (For Now).

I will be accompanied by one of my friend.  

i don't have any gadgets or tools as of now, but will buy if there's a necessity. 

Kindly advise, if i need to carry something along.

Looking forward to join you guys.

Thnx & Regards,  :) 

Hi @Rizwan Waheed welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

The 2006 Pajero is a good offroad vehicle, no worries. I have a 1999 :)

Please get a tyre deflator and pressure gauge for tomorrow if you can, and go through our Newbie video briefing with full attention:

Also below topic on how to deflate your tyres:

And below information on essential offroad gear as per your drive level:

You will find a tyre deflator and pressure gauge in ACE, Speedex, Dragon Mart, or any other hardware shop with automotive section.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use