COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 30 Oct 2020

Gaurav

Please find your convoy positions for tomorrow drive

1. Gaurav                      Silver Pajero
  2. Jordan Cope             2 door Pajero     
  3. Nathan Evans           2021 Suzuki Jimny   
  4. Adrian Little              2008 Porsche, Cayenne White
  5. belal hadi                  2009 Pajero, Silver
  6. Mohamad Nasser     2020 Ford F150 Raptor, Black
  7. HAZEM.Ali                2017 Dodge Ram
  8. Zaeem Haral            Fortuner 4.0 white
  9. Paul Zeitoun             2016, Dodge Ram 1500, Black Green
  10. bassel el rafei          Land Cruiser 2019
  11. Vanessa                    Blue Pajero

@Jordan Cope @Nathan Evans @Adrian Little @belal hadi @Mohamad Nasser @Hazem Ali @Zaeem Haral @Paul Zeitoun @bassel el rafei @Vanessa8580

We will be using Radio Chanel 1 - 446.006'25 for all drive communication.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS

Some important pointers:

1) Please watch the Newbie Video Briefing in case you have not done it before.

2) Please go through the COVID regulations and abide by them during the drive.

3) Make sure your front and back towpoints are in perfect condition. We will need them to recover you safely.

In case of any emergency, you can contact me on 050 5258706.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

TRIP REPORT

One of those rare days, when it's not your day and last Friday was my turn.

Reached meeting point and noticed one of my rear tire was at 4 PSI and failed to hold air after two attempts. Tried repairing the puncture and still it wasn't holding the air properly. Tried to replace with spare, but lug nuts were too tight (pressure gun) that I couldn't open them. So finally I decide to leave my car inside the desert and drove Vanessa's car to continue the drive.

Apologies for all the delays and such unexpected series of events one after the other. Although it's super rare that I don't recollect having a puncture in last 5-6 years, but anything and everything is possible when you plan to off-road.

Driving a big blue (3.8 Pajero) was quite fun and soon the whole convoy got the taste of their first absolute newbie drive in the Qudra desert. We still managed to cover about 20-25 km good fun drive covering with all basics of offroading and dealing with couple of refusal and stucks, including myself (lol) as big blue estimates were way off compared to my SWB Pajero.

@Jordan Cope we have missed you on this drive, hope to see you soon on the next one.

@Nathan Evans your beautiful Jimny is great for newbie - fewbie (I hope) level drive. You have done fantastic for the first drive and keep learning to drive Jimny as every car need some time to get used to. In your case, you also need to experiment the best tire pressure (lower, the better) without popping your tires off the rim (off course, its fixable with 10 mins).

@Adrian Little appreciate your sensible approach to go back, when we realized that Porsche approach angle and ground clearance is just a tad shy than 8 inches. Hope to see you again, soon.

@belal hadi you have done great too and keep on working with the frequent use of HI/Lo gear while self-recovering. 

@Mohamad Nasser thanks for giving me a tug with your beast. As you keep driving, you also need to keep experiment with different tire pressure as BF Goodrich are quite heavy and in some future drives you might lower them to 10-12 PSI (when needed).

@Hazem Ali It was sad that you have to go back, as we really cannot accept "any vehicle" on "any drive" without front and rear tow points - strictly mandatory for all carnity drives.

@Paul Zeitoun it was nice to hear your RAM scream in sync with Raptor to remind me in front that I have two V8 beast rolling happily behind the convoy. You have done great for absolute newbie drive and will love your RAM even more moving forward.

@bassel el rafei your LC without the lower lip must be a totally new and relaxing experience for you. Good you have removed it to have more ground clearance and enjoy the dunes with greater peace of mind. As I have not heard any refusal or stuck from you, so you must be doing good at back.

@Zaeem Haral thanks for taking up the sweep (responsible) position on your very first drive due to an eventful start. All your support and communication were highly appreciable. Hope your car bumper get sort out soon and will see you next week.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level:

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use