•  
Advertise here

Training for drivers to take care of their machines.

@Rahimdad , @Gaurav we have an off road club and lens lovers club. I would suggest we start a forum for a training for new drivers, vehicle owners to properly take care of their machines. I have noticed that new gen drivers don't even know how to change a tire, let alone checking engine oils or other fluids. In fact they just dump their machines at a garage and pay whatever the garage demands. So many vehicle owners here doesn't know even the technical aspects or capabilities and limitations of their machines. I learned it in a hard way last week by damaging my front drive train and @Frederic had to explain to me why the drive train was damaged. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Rahimdad , @Gaurav we have an off road club and lens lovers club. I would suggest we start a forum for a training for new drivers, vehicle owners to properly take care of their machines. I have noticed that new gen drivers don't even know how to change a tire, let alone checking engine oils or other fluids. In fact they just dump their machines at a garage and pay whatever the garage demands. So many vehicle owners here doesn't know even the technical aspects or capabilities and limitations of their machines. I learned it in a hard way last week by damaging my front drive train and @Frederic had to explain to me why the drive train was damaged. 

Making a separate club will mix up a lot of topics and information. As we currently have sub-categories for every brand and vehicle type already , it might be better to make to make a "essentials tutorial" for your specific vehicle, based on your own experiences, for example how to unlock and remove spare wheel, how to check the fluids, etc... 

In your case for example, you could post a topic here:

https://carnity.com/forums/forum/410-nissan-xterra-forum-in-uae

You can give it a nice name like "ESSENTIALS FOR XTERRA OWNERS" and include the basic things to look for:

1) where to check the fluids (location of the level gauges).

2) How to unlock and remove the spare wheel.

3) Differences between 2H and 4H and max speed.

I made something similar for Pajero a while back, specifically focused on the 4x4 modes:

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/15504-pajero-drive-modes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."