•  
Advertise here

K&N Air Filter for Pajero

10 minutes ago, Warren Flay said:

For those who are interested, this is the K&N filter model correct for the Pajero standard air box. I highly recommend it, the performance gain was very noticable and the fuel economy increase substantial.

paj K&N.png

be very careful with K&N filters in this country as these are usually not good for desert sand as they need to be oiled to maintain. I had one in my car but went back to the original filter as this one was easier to clean and i never found any performance difference (little bit better sound and low end grunt but nothing that made difference in the dunes).

A better option is a so-called dry filter, which can be cleaned more easily.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

37 minutes ago, Frederic said:

be very careful with K&N filters in this country as these are usually not good for desert sand as they need to be oiled to maintain. I had one in my car but went back to the original filter as this one was easier to clean and i never found any performance difference (little bit better sound and low end grunt but nothing that made difference in the dunes).

A better option is a so-called dry filter, which can be cleaned more easily.

Mine is oiled and I got the cleaning kit as well (contains cleaner and the ‘red’ oil) I have absolute confidence in K&N and have used them many times in both 2 and 4 wheel vehicles. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Warren Flay said:

Mine is oiled and I got the cleaning kit as well (contains cleaner and the ‘red’ oil) I have absolute confidence in K&N and have used them many times in both 2 and 4 wheel vehicles. 

What Fredy mentioning is the cleaning after every drive will soon become a headache.

I too tried and given up after a couple of months.

Once I forgot to clean for few drives and that tear off the filter and K&N sent me free replacement (great) but month later my engine died. Possibly (I think) due to sand entering the system and causing all the damage due to my ignorance of not cleaning it after every drive.

You have to take home the filter to clean under running water with the K&N detergent and let it air dry for few hours to oil again. Quite an overhead for free flow air filter tbh.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

hi guys,

In my opinion stick to original Air filter, my friends experienced even the dry filters have caused MAF replacement at some point (air flow sensor damage). so ya, Stock are the best to go. 

Cheers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2