•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 01 Oct 2021

Brette

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

AN drive 01 Oct 2021_sm.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

What you'll learn:

• Introduction to off-roading.
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette.
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices.
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures.
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Why should I join?

• We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques.
  • If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE.
  • This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Can my vehicle do this ?

• This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further.
  • Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any vehicle modifications.

Can I bring passengers ?

• Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

Join button.jpg

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: Mandatory Safety Requirements

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  01 October  2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.818832,55.255631

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

Please RSVP on below calendar 

• Gaurav changed the title to Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 01 Oct 2021

Welcome  @Wendee Hilland thanks  for joining this Absolute newbie drive. We will have a relaxing fun desert drive coming Friday and I look forward to seeing you.

Please confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets. 

@Algin Varghese you have already completed your absolute newbie drive, you would need to join a Newbie drive now. I have removed your RSVP from this drive. 

Looking forward to the drive this Friday. A question, how do I RSVP for Saturday Newbie Drive, would like to join absolute newbie on Friday followed by Newbie drive on Saturday if slot is available. Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Waqar.S said:

Looking forward to the drive this Friday. A question, how do I RSVP for Saturday Newbie Drive, would like to join absolute newbie on Friday followed by Newbie drive on Saturday if slot is available. Thanks.

@Waqar.Sonce you complete the absolute newbie drive, you are welcome to join any of the newbie drives, but completing the Absolute newbie drive first is mandatory. 

Once you complete the Absolute newbie drive, to join the newbie drive you would need to have the required gear for the newbie level, so make sure you have that before landing up for the drive. 

Posting a link below to the newbie drive, you can rsvp and leave a note on the drive thread as well for the lead informing him that you are doing the Absolute newbie drive on Friday. 

Check the link below to know what off-road gear is required for each level.

Welcome @Waqar.S @Rajat Verma @Vaibhav Walavalkar @Malcolm Harrison @Gertjan @Puneet Phulwani @Noel Garcia @MANOJ SOMAN @SHARATCHANDRA NAMBIAR @Ankit Jain @Jona    and thanks  for joining this Absolute newbie drive, we will have a relaxing fun desert drive coming Friday and I look forward to seeing you all.

Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.

Do you have any prior off-road experience?

Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Confirm your vehicle has minimum of 8 inches of ground clearance.

Thank you @Wendee Hillfor confirming all of the above. 

Please also make sure you go through the briefing video on the drive post as it is mandatory to do so before arriving at the meeting point. 

Important Information

Terms of use