•  
Advertise here

Recommendation for F150 rear tow hook

Beide Worku

Hello,

Absolute newbie here looking for expert advice/recommendation for rear tow hook spec and places to buy. The only one I could google is the one below but not sure if the specs are right. Thanks. 

https://adventurehq.ae/products/oztrail-recovery-hitch-4750-rating-working-load-limit-zinc-coated-to-resist-corrosion?variant=31088743809103&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=smart_shopping&currency=AED&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2sqOBhCGARIsAPuPK0hL7XeagS8Xc5icOgpv8LXgpbVFzzDSPPzGzdBWWVswlepRGuLlc6MaAozVEALw_wcB

Edited by Beide Worku
misspelling

3 minutes ago, Beide Worku said:

You will normally find them in ACE, Adventure HQ, or Speedex Hardware shops. The AOR branded ones are also good:

image.png.ca9dafa4b9469cd825e0d9175f3810e9.png

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

This (what Frederic has linked above) is what I have for my Ram from ACE. good price and so far very reliable. One thing to note, the hook flings up and hits my bumper when going over the rough stuff. I put some insulation foam on the bumper to stop it making more damage. Not sure what the 150 rear bumper is like but probably better thought out…!B2CF80D6-F813-445D-B1C4-700BE16BD7C0.jpeg.1328d28cc030400fcdedc01cceafc787.jpeg

Edited by Nathan
  • Like (+1) 1

Good point Nathan, I will consider it. I went to ACE and got the hook and link. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the pin and clip to attach it to the receiver - I went to 4 other stores besides ACE and none have it. Know any store that might carry it? Thanks. 

image.png.7d187d2e8ac538003bcb5f5151cc026d.png

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Beide Worku

i bought one (link/ pin) from liberty diesel machines  on sheikh zayed road for 20dhs a couple weeks ago

Liberty Diesel Machines & Spare Parts Trading Establishment
04 338 9494
https://goo.gl/maps/T8GqxbsRSgimn8oB9

Edited by Phillip Khoury
  • Like (+1) 1