•  
Advertise here

Apex Performance 3.0 Rapid Valve stuck

Looper

In my Sunday drive I two of the 4 valves were stuck, and I could not pull the gate cover to dump air out of the tires. As I did not want to use any blunt tools to pull them out so as not to put permanent marks, I had to use a valve stem remover to deflate. 

The previous night @Desert Wrangler had taken the car out during rains and the tires were obviously were submerged in water. I am not sure if that had anything to do with the stuck valves.

Has anyone else face such issue? Want to know if use of WD40 will have any problem with any of the mechanisms of the device or the rubber and or plastic covers?

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

That was the main reason why I didn’t go for them yet. Water, Sand, etc are all factors that might determine their performance and durability. In this case I would also assume a bit of WD40 every now and then would hopefully do the trick.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

15 minutes ago, Looper said:

In my Sunday drive I two of the 4 valves were stuck, and I could not pull the gate cover to dump air out of the tires. As I did not want to use any blunt tools to pull them out so as not to put permanent marks, I had to use a valve stem remover to deflate. 

The previous night @Desert Wrangler had taken the car out during rains and the tires were obviously were submerged in water. I am not sure if that had anything to do with the stuck valves.

Has anyone else face such issue? Want to know if use of WD40 will have any problem with any of the mechanisms of the device or the rubber and or plastic covers?

I had this once and used a screwdriver as a lever. After that I opened and closed them several times and they worked fine again. I did not try WD40 so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Looper said:

I’m living with this problem in one of my valves for the last 4 drives. Have been planning to have it checked but for the time…. 
will try out WD 40 and let you know

• Like (+1) 1

One of the valves was a bit rough to come out before also - but it used to come out nonetheless but now two of them are not budging.

May be a good clean after getting them loose and a bit of WD40 should do the trick.

Unfortunately my ARB hose failed in the same drive as well. The female end of the hose is stuck at open position - again due to sand and it is not closing. Ordered a new one and then will go back to dealing with the Apex Valves. 

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

54 minutes ago, Looper said:

One of the valves was a bit rough to come out before also - but it used to come out nonetheless but now two of them are not budging.

May be a good clean after getting them loose and a bit of WD40 should do the trick.

Unfortunately my ARB hose failed in the same drive as well. The female end of the hose is stuck at open position - again due to sand and it is not closing. Ordered a new one and then will go back to dealing with the Apex Valves. 

Sounds like a really shitty day…just thought about it, would it not be better to ask for a replacement of the apex before you start trying to repair them? 

Edited by Felix Obst
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ranjan Das said:

just tried WD40, worked like a charm!

the valves open and close smoothly as when they were new.

Good to know! Thank you for sharing! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1