•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sweihan Adventures - Abu Dhabi - 28 Aug 2022

Srikumar

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie Plus and Above 

When: 28 August 2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 5:15 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/cSgEY7dNvs4VPV7Q9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:15 AM Sunday

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP THE BELOW IN THE EVENTS  CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sweihan Adventures - Abu Dhabi - 28 Aug 2022
On 8/22/2022 at 2:29 PM, Srikumar said:

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie Plus and Above 

When: 28 August 2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 5:15 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/cSgEY7dNvs4VPV7Q9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:15 AM Sunday

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP THE BELOW IN THE EVENTS  CALENDAR

Dear @Srikumar in all honesty 5.15 am is too early! May I kindly request to make the meeting time at 5.45 am, most of us are driving from Dubai for 1.5 hours and we need to fill petrol that is out of the way, which will add at least another 30 minutes to the journey. Therefore, I ask you to reconsider the time adjustment to make the drive more enjoyable for us, I am sure the other Dubai resident offroaders suffer the same issue and would agree with me?!

Please advise?

Thank you,

Mohamad Anwer

On 8/22/2022 at 2:29 PM, Srikumar said:

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mohamad Anwer said:

Hi @Mohamad Anwer 

While this will be my first time in Sweihan, I concur that meeting time will be challenging for those coming from Dubai, including me.

I have noticed (from the map) that there is a gas station on E20, couple of KMs before the meeting point.

Hi @Srikumar your flexibility would be most appreciated.

Thanks

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Imteeaz said:

Hi @Mohamad Anwer 

While this will be my first time in Sweihan, I concur that meeting time will be challenging for those coming from Dubai, including me.

I have noticed (from the map) that there is a gas station on E20, couple of KMs before the meeting point.

Hi @Srikumar your flexibility would be most appreciated.

Thanks

let's start at 6 AM and extend the convoy to 12 drivers 😅

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Just now, Karthikeyan Govindarajan said:

Understand @Mohamad Anwer

but it will get hotter by 8 / 8.30 and will be difficult to drive after 

Yeah but it is dark till 5.45am the lights starts coming out by then. 

1 minute ago, Mohamad Anwer said:

Yeah but it is dark till 5.45am the lights starts coming out by then. 

Screenshot_20220823-192430_Google.jpg.da3dc62068095903c4210af3f66002cd.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Guys, Sweihan every year records the hottest temperature in UAE. If we start the drive late and have a bad stuck or issue closer to 10 AM, we will certainly get cooked.

I do understand that the timings are not the best, but what I can promise that the drive would be worth the early morning rise.

1 hour ago, Mohamad Anwer said:

Yeah but it is dark till 5.45am the lights starts coming out by then

We can then have a quick night drive as a warm up 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

6 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Guys, Sweihan every year records the hottest temperature in UAE. If we start the drive late and have a bad stuck or issue closer to 10 AM, we will certainly get cooked.

I do understand that the timings are not the best, but what I can promise that the drive would be worth the early morning rise.

I beleive you @Srikumarwith you Sweihan is always worthy the travel and early rise. Will set up 2 alarms 😃 😊 

5 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use