•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - South Qudra - Dubai - 9 Oct 2022

Islam Soliman

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above 

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/vvzA3QbzUmf6UD1K9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please click on the "Add Waitlist" link. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Hi @Bertrand @Sebb and @Stanislav Ismagilov.. thanks for joining Carnity and the interest to join tomorrow's drive. As records shows that you haven't completed an Absolute Newbie drive before I need to get some information from you please to confirm your seat:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Have you completed a Carnity Master Class before?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.
Please ensure and CONFIRM you complete the readings and watch the below video before the drive:

Important links:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Looking forward for your reply and for driving with you on Sunday. 

Hi Islam.

thanks for the note. Here my answers

- vehicle Nissan Patrol Y62 2019 (stock, with bash plate)

- some prior experience offroad (including Senegal/Mozambique beach/ sand) and bush/riverbed

- have not competed Carnity masterclass

- yes rear/front recovery points available

well noted for all Videos and reading

thanks and hope to be able to make it tomorrow.

bertrand

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks @Bertrand @Sebb and @Stanislav Ismagilov for your response.. you are all confirmed for tomorrow's drive

Please ensure you complete the video and the readings.. also please confirm you have a programmable radio.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I am delighted to welcome you to Carnity and accompany you throughout this Newbie drive tomorrow morning across some of the beautiful  Qudra dunes.

Great to reunite with some of the old friends whom we haven't met for sometime and excited to welcome others whom I haven't had the pleasure of meeting before.

Pre-drive details below:

• Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.
  • Be at the meeting point by 6:00am (or before) and start deflating your tires to 14psi (front) and 13psi (rear)
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006)
  • Briefing will be done on the sand before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to safety flag and radio and all necessary gear for this drive level specially your tire deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor (No FLAG or RADIO = No Drive).
  • For AN drivers don't worry about the gear for this drive as it's your first, if you have a flag and radio would be great. If you don't have radio let me know to arrange one for you for tomorrow until you get yours later.
  • Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/vvzA3QbzUmf6UD1K9
  • Convoy Order:

image.png.d5baf094d651725067a41a747c20c4b3.png

see u all shining tomorrow on the sand 🤩

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

Thanks @Bertrand @Sebb and @Stanislav Ismagilov for your response.. you are all confirmed for tomorrow's drive

Please ensure you complete the video and the readings.. also please confirm you have a programmable radio.

Hi - Bertrand and I don't have radio. I did order online but not yet received.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use