•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - The Loop Series - Faqa - Dubai - 4 Nov 2022

Ale Vallecchi

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  4 November 2022, Friday

Meeting time:  2:00 PM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/TszKwG1QxaVzqNTR9

Approximate finish time: 6:00 PM

Action Plan:  While my drives usually move from point A to B, lately I have also enjoyed to drive circuits, posting a "Loop Series" (the last one being the Lahbab one). This installment will take us on a circuit from Faqa Town, across several areas of bowls, long range dunes and a couple of technical patches. Come equipped with your criss-crossing and ridge riding skills, This area has plenty of sparse tree groves, and camel trains. Perfect terrain to salute a new weekend. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts

tomorrow we are looking to start the drive practically from within Faqa Town. In fact, after setting this area's usual meeting place in the Faqa sabkha just north of the town (as a consequence of the presence of roadblocks just before the AD border) this time we'll meet and start in the town itself. This will allow us to drive at first through a little driven area, just past the town's many animal farms, on the way to reach the actual "Faqa Plateau". This latter is, as many of you know, an area of nice long-range dunes, some quite tall, most of them with some amounts of vegetation, especially an area I call "the Arboretum", with a great number of Ghaf trees, alone and in groups, at time forming a semi-forested area. 

We'll have the chance to choose the "aphelion" (or furthest point) of the drive), either closer to the newly fenced area of Solar Park, or closer to E14's border with Abu Dhabi. Based on this choice, we may return closer to Faqa's northern sabkha, or back into the town itself.

The convoy is quite experienced, and short enough to allow us to bump the drive to higher levels, based on the response to the terrain. At the moment, the convoy order will be:

@Ahmad Shaker in Second Lead

@Benjamin at #3

@Ashutosh Garg at #4

@Joseph Raju at #5, and 

@Fabien Monleau in Sweep.

Please tune the radio to Carnity Channel #2 (446031). 

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow at 2:00PM. Have a nice Thursday evening.

• Like (+1) 2

@Ale Vallecchi looking forward to the extra challenge on tomorrows terrain I’ll see you then :) 

• Like (+1) 1

Guys do you have a spare radio, My charger just stopped working this morning 

Are you there guys? 

I think I'm in wrong point 

IMG-20221104-WA0006.jpg

Sorry all. Don't know what happened. Google scrambled the meeting point. Please reach below:

Al Faqa
https://maps.app.goo.gl/E6CrVppXdriq81JKA

See you shortly. Thanks

Important Information

Terms of use