•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 8 Jan 2023

Srikumar

Drive Info

Just across the Dubai border lies the virgin sands of Sweihan. The size and vastness of the dunes is something that one has to experience to truly believe. That's one of the reason that this area is also known as "Little Liwa" among the offroading community.  Come join me in what promises to be an action packed day in sand.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Absolute Newbie, Newbie and above

When:  8 January 2022, Sunday

Meeting time:  7:00 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/cSgEY7dNvs4VPV7Q9

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi all, this will be my very first off road ride in UAE. Car is 2022 Ford Bronco, documents say it's red but I'd say it's more like terracota :) I have more that 10 years off road experience in my home country, but it has little common with what I see here - we don't have any sand, only forests/swamps/mud. I've bought radio, flag and everything else required and recommended.

Do you know some nice quiet camping spot near starting point? Because I hate waking up in 5am ;)

photo_2022-12-31_18-16-01.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

Nice ride @babaski. Please confirm that it has tow points at the front and back.

Regarding the camping site, you can take the dirt track and go a bit further in, and on the left side you can find the start of the dunes which would be a good camp spot. I would only recommend to stay on the dirt track and not venture too far in. 

@GeorgeFJ as this is your 1st drive for the weekend, you have been added on the RSVP. 

For First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

50 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Nice ride @babaski. Please confirm that it has tow points at the front and back.

Regarding the camping site, you can take the dirt track and go a bit further in, and on the left side you can find the start of the dunes which would be a good camp spot. I would only recommend to stay on the dirt track and not venture too far in. 

Yes, I confirm tow points.

Thanks for the tip on camp spot, will check

3 hours ago, Srikumar said:

@GeorgeFJ as this is your 1st drive for the weekend, you have been added on the RSVP. 

Toyota FJ Cruiser gray 2023

I’ve been on one absolute newbie drive with Gurav

Front and rear tow hooks present

I have a two way radio and a flag

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 1/3/2023 at 1:52 PM, Srikumar said:

pajero gls 3.8 white/black 2022
master class and private drive w/- carnity
confirmed.

have radio and flag

watched briefing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Unfortunately I need to drop due to Dr’s appointment, I have removed myself from the drive.

Edited by Gary F
  • Sad (0) 1

Important Information

Terms of use