•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Camel Trophy: Lisaili Drift - Dubai - 21 Jan 2023

Ale Vallecchi

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  21 January 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:  7:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/3QWYGUMdyn6WG2Lz8

Action Plan:  Lisaili is the home of Dubai's race camel farms, as well as the place where they train, on the circuit track, or the straight track. All along most of the Lisaili's plateau one can easily find camel tracks or run into herds or trains of these lanky animals. Inspired by a famous off-road race (The Camel Trophy), we'll exploit this wonderful area of camel farming and training to do our own training and racing across the dunes. As camels do, we'll move along, up, and over the yellow/white dunes of Lisaili, steadily and patiently overcoming all obstacles, until we'll be satisfied that we've had our fair share of "pasture". After two previous "Trophy" editions, with higher ranks, this session will be dedicated to challenging Newbies with exploring the deeper reaches of Lisaili.

Approximate finish time: 11:30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Recommended off-road gears: Walkie-talkie radio and off-road flag (MANDATORY), plus tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 3

Dear @Misha Puskar, as I've noticed this would be your first drive with Carnity, I'd like to ask if you have any previous experience in desert driving in particular, or off-roading in general. Also, kindly make sure your car is equipped with sturdy tow point or eyelets, and that you are carrying a flag (a radio is also recommended).

In preparation for Saturday's outing, please make sure to watch the 5 videos linked at the top of the drive's post. Let me know of any questions you may have regarding the drive and/or your car, etc.

I'll be giving a technical briefing prior to our departure on Saturday, so that everyone in the convoy will be up to speed with the necessary skills and safety procedure that will ensure a successful drive.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misha Puskar said:

hi @Ale Vallecchi yes I do :) Did some offroad in the Sahara desert and also here in the UAE, but looking forward to learning more technical skills 

@Ale Vallecchi oh yeah I have the flag and a walkietalkie 

Thanks @Misha Puskar. Will be nice to have you join.

Also, please viee this link:

See you in Saturday. 

Dear @GeorgeFJ,  since I've noticed this would be your first full drive with Carnity (after the New Year's celebration), I'd like to ask if you have also had other previous experiences in desert driving. Kindly make sure you are carrying a flag and a radio.

In preparation for Saturday's outing, please make sure to watch the 5 videos linked at the top of the drive's post, and review the following link:

Let me know of any questions you may have regarding the drive and/or your car, etc.

I'll be giving a technical briefing prior to our departure on Saturday, so that everyone in the convoy will be up to speed with the necessary skills and safety procedure that will ensure a successful drive.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

2 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @GeorgeFJ,  since I've noticed this would also be your first full drive with Carnity (after the New Year's celebration), I'd like to ask if you have had other  previous experiences in desert driving. Kindly make sure your car is equipped with sturdy tow point or eyelets, and that you are carrying a flag (a radio is also recommended).

In preparation for Saturday's outing, please make sure to watch the 5 videos linked at the top of the drive's post, and review the following link:

Let me know of any questions you may have regarding the drive and/or your car, etc.

I'll be giving a technical briefing prior to our departure on Saturday, so that everyone in the convoy will be up to speed with the necessary skills and safety procedure that will ensure a successful drive.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Ale,

I did an absolute Newbie drive with Gurav late last year, but other than that, I have very little experience. Following the absolute Newbie drive, I bought all of the required equipment. My wife, Franky, has much more experience and she will be a passenger in the car. I will watch all of the linked videos and the other link that you sent through.

Thank you for your advice.

George

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use