•  
Advertise here

Building a Concept Vehicle

Dare_to_Dream

19 minutes ago, Dare_to_Dream said:

Does anyone know of any car workshop in Abu Dhabi that can provide car styling, body and frame modification ? 

Basically, I'm thinking of taking a 4x4 donor vehicle chassis and modifying it into my project concept vehicle :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Hi @Dare_to_Dream we do not promote nor mention workshops here on the forum as we want to make sure the content remains unbiased for our members. You are of course free to come up with technical questions as we have a large user base here.

Having said that, there are plenty of car workshops in Abu Dhabi to tailor to modifying your vehicle, but be ready for lots of issues to get your car through the RTA inspection if you are planning heavy modifications (unless you will drive it around on a trailer ) :) 

I recommend Google search "4x4 modification" or "4x4 tuning" and go through the list of potential shops. Visit them one by one and look at the projects they've done and try to align with them on budget, plans, execution, designs, etc... 

You will probably see that after visiting 10-15 shops that only 1-2 will be shortlisted. 

Be very detailed about your expectations and budget. Because the majority of these shops will make you drain your wallet faster than anything !

Good luck !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 12:31 PM, Dare_to_Dream said:

Does anyone know of any car workshop in Abu Dhabi that can provide car styling, body and frame modification ? 

Basically, I'm thinking of taking a 4x4 donor vehicle chassis and modifying it into my project concept vehicle :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

@Dare_to_Dream One thing couple of members including me have noticed is: Do Not Trust Garage Instagram Accounts 😂 cc @Wade Pat2 @Chris Wing  . Use the 3 methods below:

1. Use Google Maps, type Musaffah so it centers from there. Then search nearby for "Car Modification", it should bring some decent results.

2. One-by-one, read the reviews (you can even translate the Arabic reviews sometimes they give more valuable insights).

3. Once you have narrowed it down to Top 5, find their Instagram accounts and check their Project Photos. Those that are closer to what you want to build with your concept car will make it easy during building (i.e. you can tell them "I want modification just like the one you did here on Insta.."). Yes I know I've said not to trust their Insta accounts, so eventually you have to use your "Spider-Sense" to gauge whether a workshop is full of marketing people instead of mechanics, welders, denters, electricians 😁

• Like (+1) 3

Totally agree with @Zed, just adding my two cents.

Even when they send you pics, make sure those pics are from their own garage (background, color, etc) and not google pics.

The guy who did my bash plate, fooled me with random pics showing that he knows my car dimensions and he can make me a perfect bash plate instantly. Reality took 6 hours on the first visit and then repeated 2 more visits to fix the mistake and ruin the whole look and wasted my time and money.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Just a clue: look for a business that runs with passion and not just numbers, as such a unique project needs more love and creativity than regular thinking folks.

I would start by searching the social media feed of each shortlisted garage if they have done something similar project in the past. Then verifying the workmanship available at hand now is the same as when they have done that job.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.