•  
Advertise here

Pajero Mileage - Good or Bad?

Hey fellow Pajero enthusiasts!

I've been keeping a keen eye on my Pajero's (2020 model - Brand new)  fuel efficiency lately and thought I'd reach out for your insights. I've tracked all my fuel tank fill-ups using an app and have compiled some statistics. (I’ve attached the data here for reference.)

I'm curious to know how my Pajero's mileage stacks up against yours. Do you think the numbers I'm seeing are on par, or is there room for improvement? I'm all ears for any tips or tricks you might have to boost fuel efficiency. Maybe there are some maintenance tips or driving habits that could help me out?

Screenshot_20240124_163641_Fuelio.jpg

Screenshot_20240124_163713_Fuelio.jpg

Screenshot_20240124_163720_Fuelio.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

In stock form, I would get around 530km per tank combined city/highway driving in abu dhabi.

Now, with A/T tyres geolander g016 265/65R17, and large roof rack with jerry cans up top, i get 480-490km per tank when using it for combined city/highway driving in abu dhabi.

Notes:

• do not exceed 120 kph when highway driving.
  • drive until red light comes on, then add fuel.

obvs when driving offroad that number drops dramatically.

Long drives on highway (road tripping) do not see me get any extra mileage. stay between 480-490km per tank.

looks like a cool app

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PAJERO petelczyc luke said:

A/T tyres geolander g016 265/65R17,

Does having this type of tyre change level of comfort whilst driving city roads? is there any difference felt as compared to stock. ? 

1 hour ago, PAJERO petelczyc luke said:

drive until red light comes on, then add fuel.

This could lead to faster fuel pump failure, due to overheating, as fuel inside the tank also works to keep the fuel pump cool when fully submerged.

Good to see you here @Jeh

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

45 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

This could lead to faster fuel pump failure, due to overheating, as fuel inside the tank also works to keep the fuel pump cool when fully submerged.

Good to see you here @Jeh

Oh never knew this. 

I have faith in Japanese engineering that the warning light must have a safety tolerance right....... right????😜

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PAJERO petelczyc luke said:

right....... right?

two right makes it true right...! lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I'll stir the pot a little bit (yeah, I'm ocd here, so apologies for bringing in the numbers)

36 refuels since Sept last year, small tank (SWB), 3.8L tuned gently for 98 fuel, HT geolandars 039s (because desert only, no overlanding), max on the tank ever: 349km (topped up with 55.73L, must have been very dry), average on tank 246km, average fuel consumption since I got the car 10kkm ago -> 18.1L/100km or 5.5km/l. Max consumption ever noted - during liwa yellow truck drive: 108 km in-between gas stops, topping up 44.2l (41.01l/100km or 2.4kmpl). And I didn't touch lo gear during that drive... I know it can do more ;-) 

My driving style: hwy + desert only. The car is meant for weekend drives. Software upgrades make it much more edgy and pleasant to drive on the highway with negligible result on the consumption. The car is perfectly capable of getting high 12s per 100km (or more than 8kmpl) when you cruise 100-110 and don't touch the pedal, but this rarely happens when it's meant for the desert. 

The only car I ever got that came close to these numbers was S63 6.2L... but this was a long distance rocket ship and was used as one. Nonetheless I closed the first year of ownership with 16.5l/100km or 6.06kmpl (over distance of 17kkm) and I thought that was a lot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1