CANCELLED : "Love is in the Desert - Couples Drive " Lisaili - Dubai - 14 Feb 2024

DP1011

image.png

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

14th Feb - Valentines day  also called Saint Valentine's Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine  is celebrated annually on February 14 . It originated as a Christian feast day honouring a martyr named Valentine and through later folk traditions, it has also become a significant cultural, religious and commercial celebration of romance and love in many regions of the world. The day became associated with romantic love in the 14th and 15th centuries when notions of courtly love flourished, apparently by association with the "lovebirds" of early spring. In 18th-century England, it grew into an occasion for couples to express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). Valentine's Day symbols that are used today include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid.

What better than starting the day, with your partner on this Couples only Drive. This drive is a highly likely chance to have your partner's permission renewed for a reasonable period of weekend desert drives  :D - thanks to you - that  your partner will be happy to start the day with you, while moving swiftly through Lisaili dunes, with a romantic view of those Hot air balloons in sight and a beautiful sunrise.

Please note : This will be strictly a on time start  and on time end - The idea is more to gather as a group, have a relaxed drive, take a break for coffee/muffins, have some photos clicked and then head back to start point to be able to exit on time.  

Dress code : Not mandatory but encouraged - Red + Black. 

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Newbies and above (Only with your partners) 

When:  14 February 2024, Wednesday

Meeting time:   06:45 am - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/KGF6L8VwXMza3tJz7

Approximate finish time:  8:45 am

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Tuesday- 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to "Love is in the Desert - Couples Drive " Lisaili - Dubai - 14 Feb 2024
  • DP1011 unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, DP1011 said:

This is probably the oldest surviving Valentine’s letter in the English language. It was written by Margery Brews to her fiancé John Paston in February 1477

2cf77449-3b8f-4475-b6dd-692d17ed6366.jpeg

in WOT language????? 🤪

• Haha (+1) 1

Dear @Prithvi Raj @Frederic118

First of all - Thank you for showing interest on this drive, which like you - Even I was looking forward to ! However, as the Minimum no. of cars that we aim is 3 from safety perspective and hence I am with no alternative left with no choice but to cancel this drive and perhaps plan soon for some-other theme drive making it couples drive ! 

Can I please request you to acknowledge this message- The Drive tomorrow is cancelled and I hope your other plans are executed as planned for this day .

• Sad (0) 1

• DP1011 changed the title to CANCELLED : "Love is in the Desert - Couples Drive " Lisaili - Dubai - 14 Feb 2024
1 hour ago, DP1011 said:

Dear @Prithvi Raj @Frederic118

First of all - Thank you for showing interest on this drive, which like you - Even I was looking forward to ! However, as the Minimum no. of cars that we aim is 3 from safety perspective and hence I am with no alternative left with no choice but to cancel this drive and perhaps plan soon for some-other theme drive making it couples drive ! 

Can I please request you to acknowledge this message- The Drive tomorrow is cancelled and I hope your other plans are executed as planned for this day .

@DP1011 acknowledged... Will see you soon on another drive.. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use