Advertise here

Next Gen Ford Ranger Raptor 2024

1 minute ago, Cha said:

I see, I think it must be the rear locker that disabled the computer intervention. I always remove the rear locker immediately after switching to sand mode. Thanks man!

its one of those great mysteries that could be easily solved by a extra page in the user guide :-D

@Luke K P I got a chance to see a 2km cruise mimicking our blip blip skill in Ranger Raptor, today. It's a pretty impressive feature for self-recovery without stressing to dig more.

Although I am not sure why Ford decided to engage the rear diff-lock in 4H, by default. Is that kind of LSD, which activates under low speed only and becomes open diff at higher speed like in old Chevys?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

20 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

@Luke K P I got a chance to see a 2km cruise mimicking our blip blip skill in Ranger Raptor, today. It's a pretty impressive feature for self-recovery without stressing to dig more.

Although I am not sure why Ford decided to engage the rear diff-lock in 4H, by default. Is that kind of LSD, which activates under low speed only and becomes open diff at higher speed like in old Chevys?

Nice helper feature @Gaurav., but nothing beats just practising doing it manually 😅👍

Some offroad modes don't lock the rear diff in 4H. Sand mode does. But then rear diff can be configured 3 ways in offroad mode in 4H, 

Locked at all speeds.

Locked at < 40, then automatically unlock above 40kph, relock when speed drops.

Unlocked at all speeds.

And then save that as the new default for your custom off road mode.

Edited by Luke K P
  • Like (+1) 2

Hi Luke,

After my jeep drowned 🥲 I'm looking for a replacement and the new ranger raptor is a very attractive option.

Is there a way we could contact directly to tap into your experience?

Best,

Andrei

• Sad (0) 2

13 minutes ago, Andrei S said:

Hi Luke,

After my jeep drowned 🥲 I'm looking for a replacement and the new ranger raptor is a very attractive option.

Best,

Andrei

Hi Andrei, 

Sorry to hear that. I would suggest once you do your research and tap into @Luke K P's experience, book a test drive to get a real feel of the car as this is only thing that will either keep you going in the same direction or look for something else.

I personally think that there is no vehicle like it in today's market. it is a Jeep 392 and a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, combined in one truck (Coincidentally the only two vehicles In my wishlist). Best of luck!

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

27 minutes ago, Andrei S said:

Hi Luke,

Best,

Andrei

Bro nooooo... Jeep didn't make it??

Can hit me up on instagram to get my phone number if U wanna ask any specific questions etc.

Def go take it for a test drive and see what you think. It's certainly much longer than the Jeep so the feel might not be what you're after. It's a boat.... But it's a jet-boat 😎

Best luck with the car hunt 🙏

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 11:22 AM, Luke K P said:

i believe from looking at the other comments in the forums the 10 second long press will fully kill the ESC if you are in sand mode with rear locker on.

In BAJA mode the 'active rollover prevention' mode will stay on even with ESC long press and mess with the brakes if it thinks you are over a certain angle. Can be prevented with by removing the ABS relay or aftermarket kill switch...

in any case i have not noticed it kicking in unless im in baja mode or forgot to switch from 'normal'.

But how you turn of side airbags? (rollover) on my car  (Expedition 24) it's show to disable Rollover should be in 4L.

image.png.262bbcd24aaf367433f98ab95e0ad3c0.png

23 minutes ago, Zubail said:

But how you turn of side airbags? (rollover) on my car  (Expedition 24) it's show to disable Rollover should be in 4L.

image.png.262bbcd24aaf367433f98ab95e0ad3c0.png

Hi @Zubail
in my vehicle, the "baja mode" changes the roll rate at which side airbags are activated. essentially they are turned off when I engage this mode (or at least made very insenstive to the roll rates).

Best bet would be to contact Al-Tayer / Premier Motors and ask their advice, unfortunately I have no knowledge about the expedition.

• Thanks (+1) 1