Advertise here

Rear Diff Locks for Pathfinder 2007

Dear Everyone,

Just joined this forum. Looks like a lot of things are being discussed here. Before creating this post i actually tried to find if there is already an answer to my post but I couldn't find any. I require if there is an economical option for my subject car. ARB is not an option here. Plus I need advise on good economical 4x4 workshops where I can get a locker installed. Plus other stuff like Diff Breathers etc. People who work on old 4x4s 

Thanks 

Hi RizBajwa,

Welcome to the club.

For an old Pathfinder, you're best bet is just do some googling for an economical rear locker. For the money, I went a Powertrax No-Slip unit in my old Cherokee XJ. Fantastic little unit, cheap, and because it's an auto-locker, it's essentially 'always ready'. It only kicks in when one wheel starts to spin with no need to engage on my part. My theory was... when I need locking, it's already too late to engage it. And it directly swaps with the spider gears, so easy to pull back out and return to oem if needed.

Any diff locks that require engaging are going to cost money and complications, as they require either an electrical, hydraulic or pneumatic system to support. It just depends on budget, as you say... ARB can be pricey.

For workshops, I've used Icon 4x4 in Dubai. They work on anything (no joke), are dedicated to the offroading market, and their team is solid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Do you really want to spend that money on 07 Pathfinder?

Reason, I am asking that is because I haven't seen single of those models lasting more than 1 or 2 seasons in offroad. Simply because the approach and departure angle aren't the best, even after you trim the bumper or lift.

Maybe I am wrong here, but if you have tested the car off-road extensively and yes it is proven to be the love of your life to be a worthy desert toy, then only it's worth spending on diff-lock.

Secondly, rear diff-lock is good to have off-road recovery tool, but it's not a deal breaker as you will always have someone to help with a quick pull-out when you are off-roading. If you are into, solo adventure, then it's totally worth-it.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.