Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 01 June 2024

1 hour ago, ChrisW said:

It was also such a good drive that the AD police sent me a nice picture to remember it by… 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_9344.jpeg

Wow, nice picture with nice metadata

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ChrisW said:

That was really good fun - some nice technical practice, a few good ridges, and some (mis)adventures to learn from. Thank you @DP1011 for leading, and @Alexanderrr for giving me some good tracks to follow! Great support from @Luke K P and @Hani crest king too - thank you. I was very impressed with the on-the-drive coaching you all gave. 

I think the main takeaways for me were a reminder in the fundamentals of momentum driving on technical dunes (especially given the soft sand), and consistently applying the basics on ridge crossings (particularly being stable on the ridge before manoeuvring onward). 

It was also such a good drive that the AD police sent me a nice picture to remember it by… 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_9344.jpeg

Yea gotta be careful mate. Unlike dubai, the street photographers in AD snap ur plates at the speed limit and not one km over. 

3 minutes ago, Batuhan Kulac said:

Yea gotta be careful mate. Unlike dubai, the street photographers in AD snap ur plates at the speed limit and not one km over. 

Yeah, I live in AD so the speed limit and red light traffic cameras are a well known feature for me! I have to admit that I thought I’d already crossed in to Dubai side and had a little slack as compared to the signs. 

9 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Yeah, I live in AD so the speed limit and red light traffic cameras are a well known feature for me! I have to admit that I thought I’d already crossed in to Dubai side and had a little slack as compared to the signs. 

AD CARNITY CREW GOT STUNG TODAY 😭

Looks like I got caught in 1996 from the quality of the provided pictures.... 

Screenshot_20240601_162954_MOI UAE.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

10 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

😂😂 Oh man - we should have stayed on the sand!

Next time we loop around and take the sand back 👍👍👍

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you @DP1011 for a great season finalè (for me) drive. @Davie Chase really prepped me last week for Faya so this week was a breeze. 

Thanks @Aser for the duct tape! But no thanks for ruining my paint. 😂😡 but yeah "do you want your bumper or your paint"

No thanks for @Luke K P for making me want a Ranger Raptor so bad now. Perfect product out of the box. 

Great follow by @Nitish Sharma through some sketchy drops. 

Shoutout to @Hani crest king for getting a pop out on a 6 am drive and still going to a 2:30 pm drive on the same day! Gunning to be crew rank in the fastest way possible. 

@ChrisW was a great immediate lead making everything look effortless in his beast of a Jeep. 

And huge props to @Alexanderrr and @Sandeep Nayar for the smooth operations. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Was great to be on that drive today with all of you. @DP1011 since it was my first drive with you i had to show you first hand what the name really stands for and i have that contagious effect.  Was a great mix of technical and fun. Was a heavy fun sandy day with the second drive as well. 
@Luke K P always a peace of mind having you in the convoy with your experience and armageddon readiness. 
@Talal H the fun just started you should beat the heat great second fewbie drive from you and @ChrisW 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

12 hours ago, Luke K P said:

@Hani crest king recommend going to tyre shop having them take the sand out of your tyres. Will def need the front passenger side rebalanced.

Esp if U had pop-out before and you getting vibrations on the highway, prob sand from micro soft pops in all wheels. 👍

Oh trust me i did before the second drive of the day

IMG_5238.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use