Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 01 June 2024

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club Fewbie drive, meeting at Al Fayah. Expect lots of space, pristine dunes, and soft sands. Please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm with you as this will be a drive through a great variety of terrain with a few challenges.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  1 June 2024, Saturday

Meeting time:   05.:45 am - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/VAGWQTFzRjdVEbsR9?g_st=ic  

Approximate finish time:  09.45 am

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• WOW (+2) 1

• DP1011 unlocked this topic

Hi @Victor Socaciu - This drive is for FB and above, and I see that you are at NB level, There is another drive for NB and above , perhaps you might want to join this one : 

https://carnity.com/events/event/2210-afternoon-newbie-desert-drive-lisalli-dubai-01-jun-2024/   

Am glad you highlighted this @Luke K P ! 

Dear all ! Thank you for showing interest for this drive - Please do note this is in Abu Dhabi and meeting time is 5.45, with deflation and flags ON :) as we Welcome UAE Summer, offering us challenging soft sand opportunity ! and yes we will depart at 5.45am and have the briefing in Sands ! 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi @DP1011,

Unfortunately I can only join morning drives as I have other plans in the afternoon. I already did some newbie drives and I’m super confident with my car and my ability to drive offroad. I would really like to join this drive if possible.

Thanks,

Victor

11 minutes ago, Victor Socaciu said:

Hi @DP1011,

Unfortunately I can only join morning drives as I have other plans in the afternoon. I already did some newbie drives and I’m super confident with my car and my ability to drive offroad. I would really like to join this drive if possible.

Thanks,

Victor

Please go through the Carnity Grading structure, to keep you and your vehicle safe:

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/16479-off-road-club-grading-structure-v30/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad (0) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Dear @Victor Socaciu I can completely relate to you, of my initial days into off-roading and excitement and confidence to do FB drives after couple of NB drives :) - however Safety comes first and the grading structure in place as @Gaurav shared above has been with lot of inputs and experiences in past. Hence I have just removed you from RSVP, so others in WL can plan their weekend accordingly. 

Would for sure love to see you soon in one of the drives , and btw amazing choice of car ;) jeep power - all the way !! 

• Like (+1) 2

Hello Summer warriors ! @Luke K P @Vijay Cowlagi @Aser @ChrisW @nithish468 @Talal H @Andrew John Melvill @Sandeep Nayar @Wilfredo Perez @Ahmed Farouk  + WL members - @Hani crest king @Alexanderrr @Ishak

As we get closer to the date and I start to work on the convoy numbering, can I please request you all to revisit your plan and if any change please accordingly update the RSVP, as we do have 3 WL members too. 

Some imp elements for you to consider for this drive : 

1. TIMELY ARRIVAL : The drive is in Abu Dhabi - and we will move sharp 5.55am and have briefing in sand - so you need to plan to be on or before scheduled meeting time accordingly.  The expected temperature around 10am is about 40 degrees ! hence Starting the drive and exiting on time will be crucial. - If you have any late night plans for Friday, I recommend take into account and skip the plan if not, then the drive :D

2. Its Getting Foggy in mornings, so please have additional buffer while planning what time to start from your residence and not rush up. 

3. ALL GEARS IN PLACE : Before starting, please ensure all your gears are in place, Radio's charged and flag mounts + Flags all in good shape and in place.....and goes without saying rest of the season, ensure your vehicles are in good shape and brace up for the heat ! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Hani crest king - Just noticed you are on 2 drives for Satday - Morning One in Abu Dhabi (Currently WL)  and Noon One in Dubai ! Please do let us know the secret source of your (and as well as your Vehicle's ) energy :D - (On a lighter note).  

• Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use