UAE Green Desert: Discover Spectacular Transformation After 75-Year Rainfall

Advertise here

Sharjah Scrap yards

hi

I'm planning to pay a visit to sharjah to look for some parts.

LAst time(my first time) I only found a place on the right side behind gulf stars and a couple of small shops on BMW road.

While searching in forums I also found a place on the left hand side (coming from Dubai) of the BMW road so I'll visit there.

And I have seen some references to Fat Ismail and Al Daid , can anyone point me those places ? a basic map or at least some directions , some landmarks would be perfect.

thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

For Al Daid... two options.

1st. Go down the Sharjah/Daid road. Get to first roundabout and turn right...after three or four KM you'll find a whole load of scrappers. Rainbow Breakers on the left always had good assortment of series vehicles, early Disco's and Range Rover Classics.

2nd Opion. Hit the same roundabout and turn left....at every roundabout, intersection etc go straight over untill you see a series I vehicle perched on top of a 20 feet tall tower...it's the best clue to what lays ahead on the left hand side. Mostly series vehicles but some rare Menarva's and series III Gun ships from Saudi.

For Al Daid... two options.

1st. Go down the Sharjah/Daid road. Get to first roundabout and turn right...after three or four KM you'll find a whole load of scrappers. Rainbow Breakers on the left always had good assortment of series vehicles, early Disco's and Range Rover Classics.

2nd Opion. Hit the same roundabout and turn left....at every roundabout, intersection etc go straight over untill you see a series I vehicle perched on top of a 20 feet tall tower...it's the best clue to what lays ahead on the left hand side. Mostly series vehicles but some rare Menarva's and series III Gun ships from Saudi.

hmmm thanks a lot

definetly will check those places

VCO, when you're checking them let me know if you come across a disco 2 (new head light model) i need that stupid plastic sheild that goes under the front windshield and becomes brittle and breaks in the sun.

sure

will probably visit there next Wed or thursday and look for Disco 2's as well

• 2 weeks later...
VCO, when you're checking them let me know if you come across a disco 2 (new head light model) i need that stupid plastic sheild that goes under the front windshield and becomes brittle and breaks in the sun.

I forgot to mention

I went to Daid last week

there was 1 big scrap yard and they had 3 disco1 1 old disco 2 (totally destroyed) and a few old Ranges

so haven't seen what you are looking for

I bought a few broken interior plastics (Ac control unit , dials and a few others) from a cabrio Disco 1

by the way if any need original rims that cabrio had very clean rims+bolts on it

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...