Advertise here

Mechanical failures

Hey people. We all are aware of the causes of car accidents. One of the main reasons of any accident is mechanical fault as well. Please discuss mechanical check that we should always consider in order to avoid any road accident.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

Very important topic. Mechanical failures is also a crucial factor in road accident. To avoid any accident because of mechanical failure, i think one should always check inflation pressure in all the tires. One should always consider this check at least once in a week, or at least before any long trip. Second thing to make sure is the car brake. If you feel that the brakes are making unusual noise or taking time to react, then always get the brake checked before going for any ride. Lastly, never ignore the warning lights on the dashboard. Warning lights are very helpful to detect any hazard in your car.

Very good points covered. I would also add up some. Get the steering checked after certain period of time. Steering linkage is one crucial reason of car accident. So whenever you feel that the steering of your car is loose, don't ignore it and take it directly to a service center. one more reason of car accident can be worn ball joints as well. The ball joints plays an important role in driving as it is directly connecting control arms to the steering knuckle. So if the ball joints are worn, it loosen up the ball stud resulting into loss of steering control.

Don't forget the lug nuts that keep the wheel on the hubs. If the lug nuts ar eloose, the wheel may fall off. It is really necessary to keep them tight. The time they get loose, you may loose your life. Be aware!

One of my friend met an accident because of the failure of headlights. He was not driving at night time from 2 months, so he did not realize that the headlights are gone. And when one day he was suddenly driving at night, he realized that the headlights are used, and because of the absence of visibility, he banged the other car. Although, the accident was at a small scale, but a small accident is always a warning to keep your and other systems in the car updated. This time, you may have lost money for paying for accident repair, next time it can be your life.